• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 16: Udine › San Daniele del Friuli (229k)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great win today and some great racing, even though the GC guys had more of a rest day

EkyLaEsXUAUdOAD

EkyM98GXUAEo88G

Madeleine was 17.1 km at 8.4%, Bondone from Aldeno is 22.5 at 6.4% (mostly because of 3 flattish kms in the middle of the climb). So yes, not as hard, but comparable, and that was a bit my point, not really much discussion on Bondone while Madeleine was very hyped.

(By the way it's not the regular Bondone side, which I agree, would be way easier than Madeleine)

I don't think Madeleine was very hyped. At least I don't remember it.

Bondone at 85km to go with Stelvio on the next day. I just don't see anything happening and that is also probably the reasoning for the people who don't discuss Bondone.

Edit: and somewhat on the contrary, having Bondone tomorrow gives something for people to discuss, so despite probably not changing the outcome of the stage, it has not been forgotten

I don't think Madeleine was very hyped. At least I don't remember it.

Bondone at 85km to go with Stelvio on the next day. I just don't see anything happening and that is also probably the reasoning for the people who don't discuss Bondone.

Edit: and somewhat on the contrary, having Bondone tomorrow gives something for people to discuss, so despite probably not changing the outcome of the stage, it has not been forgotten
But I think I agree with you (and perhaps wasn't very clear in my previous posts). I also struggle to see anything happening tomorrow, for two main reasons, with the first being even more important than the second: a) the rest of the stage is too easy b) Stelvio the next day.

What I mean is: Bondone would have been one of the top three hardest climbs in the Tour, so people would have at least complained that it was wasted being placed in that part of the stage and in that stage. In the Giro, I have seen very few people even mentioning it, because it's so full of long hard climbs in the final week that, you know, it doesn't matter too much.

For one, I am very interested in the first kms of the stage tomorrow. The two first climbs are such a lovely combination. Let's see how things go.

TRENDING THREADS