• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 18: Pinzolo - Laghi di Cancano 207 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

In whose bag is the queen stage of this Giro

• Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Antonio Nibali

Votes: 47 71.2%

• Total voters
Lets go Almeida.
Despite the final result, i wish for an attacking stage. I don't think Sunweb can start with a fast pace from the beginnhing or they'll destroy Kelderman's legs. I think at this point Almeida is stronger than Wilco. Jay Hindley can be the biggest rival if Sunweb take the leash out of him. Also Tao. Hindley and Tao together can be really dangerous.
I think that yesterday victory, NTT will go on a fast pace with Ben O'Connor, working for Pozzozivo, who will crack. Don't see trek with strenght to do so, neither Astana, and honestly don' see Nibali and Fuglsang with the legs for it, even though i'dd bet Nibali will try at least.
At the end of the day;
Almeida with the lead and Ruben Guerreiro with the mountain jersey.
Let me dream at least :D

Because it's not the same. What the ***'s the fun in watching cycling - or any sport - when it's not live?
I'm not watching dodgy streams, I'm watching perfectly legal streams, provided by the broadcasters.

I think eurosport player is perfect. Yesterday the weather was good here in germany and I went out for a ride and watched Giro and Vuelta after the ride. The video on demand is always online 5 minutes after the race without any spoilers.

Lets go Almeida.
Despite the final result, i wish for an attacking stage. I don't think Sunweb can start with a fast pace from the beginnhing or they'll destroy Kelderman's legs. I think at this point Almeida is stronger than Wilco. Jay Hindley can be the biggest rival if Sunweb take the leash out of him. Also Tao. Hindley and Tao together can be really dangerous.
I think that yesterday victory, NTT will go on a fast pace with Ben O'Connor, working for Pozzozivo, who will crack. Don't see trek with strenght to do so, neither Astana, and honestly don' see Nibali and Fuglsang with the legs for it, even though i'dd bet Nibali will try at least.
At the end of the day;
Almeida with the lead and Ruben Guerreiro with the mountain jersey.
Let me dream at least :D

I don't see why so much so guys think that Hindley should attack early today or is the biggest rival. Come on, he is three minutes behind and will lose more time in the individual time trial. Knox and Masnada are strong enough to control him easyily within these three minutes. Then it's how Deceuninck would like. They can go their own pace and keep Almeida protected.

If Almeida is not cracking totally, the only option to beat him is Kelderman. So Sunweb has to ride for him. Let Hamilton and Hindley do the pace and see how it works. Can they get a gap to Almeida, everything is great for them. Otherwise they have the possibility to isolate Almeida and attack then with Hindley. That will not be enough to catch up Almeida in the general classification but you can force him to work a bit and give Kelderman a bit of rest on his wheel, so he can maybe win at least a few seconds on the last kilometre.

For someone non-sunweb to win I think the plan has to be:
  • go hard and early to try make sure Almeida actually takes a packet over the last few days and not just the time Kelderman needs.
  • attempt to put Sunweb into a situation where they are making leadership decisions along with racing ones:
    • ideally that means getting up the road with Hindley (who should be undroppable if he rides like he did at Piancavallo) while Kelderman is unable to follow
    • from there Sunweb have to make the call of whether they bring Hindley back or whether they risk dumping 2 mins+ on both to try save Wilco.
  • make alliances outside the team
    • weak teams means outside help would be a big boon to setting a hard pace
    • any successful move would likely benefit from having at least 1 happy ally if you do get clear early

Who is the guy making the prediction on RAI?

URGnR4W.png

24 FELLINE Fabio (AST)
25 GREGAARD Jonas (AST)
35 NOVAK Domen (TBM)
56 KONRAD Patrick (BOH)
61 ZAKARIN Ilnur (CCC)
78 ROSSETTO Stéphane(COF)
87 MASNADA Fausto (DQT)
95 GUERREIRO Ruben (EF1)
96 KANGERT Tanel (EF1)
116 NAVARRO Daniel (ISN)
126 HOLMES Matthew (LTS)