• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 21: Cernusco sul Naviglio – Milano 15.7 km ITT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think this will be very close. If I was forced to wager, my money would go on TGH but it will be close and would not surprise me if Hindley produces the TT of his life to hold on. TTs at the end of three week races where people are racing for jerseys etc tend to produce surprising results. I would not read too much into either of the two preceding TTs in this Giro certainly due to conditions and that both had different focuses at that time.

Reactions: 42x16ss
It's a bit like Andy Schleck vs. Cadel Evans. You can see the "surprise" coming from miles.

Ineos wins another GT. Last year after the Tour of the Alps I predicted that Hart would be their next British Tour winner - much to the ridicule of this forum. Well, the Tour is still a long stretch, but he has a 99% chance to clinch this weird Giro. I think he'll beat Hindley by about half minute. Sunweb with two leaders was bound to finish second and third.

Since I don't really have any emotional invest remaining in this gc with the bird and the shark out of contention, I would love it if Wilco overturned the deficit to the two youngsters to regain pink (for the drama and forum reaction). Sure, it's barely a 1% chance, but if Hindley was 0.1% chance pre race to win, then in 2020, why not?

#manoutofthewildennis

Reactions: SHAD0W93
It's a bit like Andy Schleck vs. Cadel Evans. You can see the "surprise" coming from miles.

Ineos wins another GT. Last year after the Tour of the Alps I predicted that Hart would be their next British Tour winner - much to the ridicule of this forum. Well, the Tour is still a long stretch, but he has a 99% chance to clinch this weird Giro. I think he'll beat Hindley by about half minute. Sunweb with two leaders was bound to finish second and third.
I have also seen Tao in previous races and thought he could be a future GC guy. All the talk about weak field just because its not the usual riders on the top of the list is stupid. Look at Nibali, he has said he has some of his best numbers ever, cant even compete. The new generation is here, and the older guys dont seem to come back.

Since I don't really have any emotional invest remaining in this gc with the bird and the shark out of contention, I would love it if Wilco overturned the deficit to the two youngsters to regain pink (for the drama and forum reaction). Sure, it's barely a 1% chance, but if Hindley was 0.1% chance pre race to win, then in 2020, why not?

#manoutofthewildennis
That would be interesting, however unlikely it is. Lets say Kelderman is doing one of his best TTs, and Tao have a technical, or his wheel slips in a corner, suddenly Kelderman is on top again. Tao will need to go full gas anyway to beat Jay, anything can happen...

I have also seen Tao in previous races and thought he could be a future GC guy. All the talk about weak field just because its not the usual riders on the top of the list is stupid. Look at Nibali, he has said he has some of his best numbers ever, cant even compete. The new generation is here, and the older guys dont seem to come back.

Basically, I agree, but it seems to me like all riders are always producing their best numbers ever, according to themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: richwallone

TRENDING THREADS