• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020, stage 21: Cernusco sul Naviglio – Milano 15.7 km ITT

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Almeida will be fourth or fifth in final GC but will only get third place in the youth classification.

I remember Vanhoucke saying after the Etna stage that he might target the white jersey because he basically only saw Almeida as competitor and he didn't look too good on the Etna.

Back then I already thought this to be very ambitious but it hasn't really aged well.

Having said that, I hope Vanhoucke turns out to be a decent climber and maybe even a GT prospect in the future but he might be a little more careful in his ambitions and estimating his opponents.

Reactions: Pantani_lives
The clocks went back last night and I'd completely forgot, so did my VM box apparently.

They are meant to be voting to stop this nonsense in the EU parliament next year but um... yeah.

If his circadian rhythm isn't as sensitive as mine then Rohan to take the stage.

Nothing screams better than the previous generation more than "only beats Kelderman because of The Worlds Greatest Domestique In The World"

Let's not be overly dramatic. I don't think this is some kind of new super gen breakout or anything but Tao has clearly been outright stronger than Wilco in this final week and we all knew this was where the race was likely getting decided (we just didn't expect it to be decided by and between these riders).

Kelderman still has the best domestique in the race who destroyed the entire field for him on Piancavallo and has been there every day since. It just turned out Kelderman himself couldn't continue to hold the wheels and his super dom is now the race leader lol. If Sunweb do lose this today it'll be because they decided not to go all in for one rider on Thursday (whether that was Jai dragging Wilco or Jai being let loose).

I remember Vanhoucke saying after the Etna stage that he might target the white jersey because he basically only saw Almeida as competitor and he didn't look too good on the Etna.

Back then I already thought this to be very ambitious but it hasn't really aged well.

He really has had a pretty horrible race given he had so much freedom to do whatever he wanted. A combination of overestimation of himself and underestimation of others and then some really weird days to go look for a stage once his GC ride had imploded.

Reactions: richwallone
Commentators are upset that Adam Hansen hasn't been shown starting... :tearsofjoy: Given how much he pissed off Vegni a couple of days ago, I don't think he will be seen crossing through the finish... and I wouldn't be surprised if his intermediate and final finish times are blacked out, too:p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Commentators are upset that Adam Hansen hasn't shown starting... :tearsofjoy: Given how much he pissed off Vegni a couple of days ago, I don't think he will be seen crossing through the finish... and I wouldn't be surprised if his intermediate and final finish times are blacked out, too:p

EDIT: He got lucky... He was shown when Scotson was overtaking him... Feel sorry for the cameraman... This will be his last Giro to work as one :tearsofjoy:

So Almeida will be fourth or fifth in final GC but will only get third place in the youth classification.

Having said that, I hope Vanhoucke turns out to be a decent climber and maybe even a GT prospect in the future but he might be a little more careful in his ambitions and estimating his opponents.
He will not be a GC rider most likely, or at most only in 1 week races. And when he made that comment, Hart was supposed to ride for Thomas, and Hindley 's level was unexpected by basically everyone. At that time it did seem like Almeida was in poleposition for white. After decent efforts in Tour de l'Ain and Ruta del Sol, it was not that strange to think Vanhoucke might be a contender for white here. But it's clear he does not have the engine for a GT, and needs to aim for stagewin or smaller races.

Reactions: Berflamand

TRENDING THREADS