• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2020

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Giro's top names so far...
Top GC contenders: Nibali, S.Yates, Thomas, Kruijswijk, Fuglsang, Majka ( but I think after the Tour's first week we may have some surprises...)
Top sprinters: Ewan, Demare, Sagan, Gaviria, Matthews, Viviani, (Groenewegen??)
Others: Campenaerts, T.Martin, Vlasov, Konrad, Bevin,Kelderman, Ganna...

Do you have some other news?

2018 Thomas, true.

2018 Giro Froome, nah.

For Thomas the obvious issue is simply form/motivation. He doesn't have a 10 year history of being on point every GT when it matters, and even when on form he has a history of crashing and bottling. Last point for Thomas is apart from La Rosiere he basically rode like Purito so I still feel like I have no clue how good he was, but I also feel like if he had been confident he could've won solo on AdH he would've done so. Similarly, he took 5s out of Roglic/Dumoulin in the final 300(?)m of Col de Portet, which isn't a particularly huge gap if you've been sitting in the wheels all climb. Uphill sprint gaps are usually bigger if you're significantly fresher than the others.
Might also add that G is two years older than when he won the TDF in 2018. For some riders, those two years might not mean much. For other riders, maybe it's a factor. For Thomas? Not sure. But maybe.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Giro's top names so far...
Top GC contenders: Nibali, S.Yates, Thomas, Kruijswijk, Fuglsang, Majka ( but I think after the Tour's first week we may have some surprises...)
Top sprinters: Ewan, Demare, Sagan, Gaviria, Matthews, Viviani, (Groenewegen??)
Others: Campenaerts, T.Martin, Vlasov, Konrad, Bevin,Kelderman, Ganna...

Do you have some other news?
Bahrain? Israel? EF?

Does anyone know if there are any profiles of the climbs or the final kilometers this year? The giro website got changed massively this year and I can't find it anymore. Now I'm not sure if that's because I don't find them or because there just aren't any

Last ten or so editions of the Vuelta have been entertaining even if the field was sometimes a bit light on talent compared to the other grand tours. For entertainment value in the last decade or so I would give the nod to the Vuelta over the other two. Giro for best mountain stages, Tour for the best fields, and best sprints, but often the most predictable of the three.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Does anyone know if there are any profiles of the climbs or the final kilometers this year? The giro website got changed massively this year and I can't find it anymore. Now I'm not sure if that's because I don't find them or because there just aren't any
there aren't, as far as I know. I assume they are gonna be uploaded at some point before the race.

TRENDING THREADS