• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2021 stage 16: Sacile - Cortina d'Ampezzo 212km

Page 49 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

??

• Total voters
Yes, really underwhelming field this year and the total lack of excitement, the crashes and the injuries, Breakaways winning a multitude of stages even in the first weeks, the lack of tv coverage, the shortened queen stage, nah, not a Giro to remember fondly, Only Bernals brilliance is a saving grace
Have to admit I enjoyed last year's no name Giro just as much if not more.

No disrespect intended, but he’s beating Caruso, Bardet (who hasn’t looked like a GC contender in years). That’s a long way from going head to head with the ski jumper and aspiring rapper. The others are solid on paper, but underperforming to an extent.

I agree that Roglic and Pogacar may be stronger. But with the same reasoning you could argue that the field in last years' TdF looked solid on paper, but, maybe apart from Porte, most other contenders were underperforming.

RqnMq1S.png

• Haha
Reactions: Eeslliw
I agree that Roglic and Pogacar may be stronger. But with the same reasoning you could argue that the field in last years' TdF looked solid on paper, but, maybe apart from Porte, most other contenders were underperforming.
Bardet was climbing really well in the last Tour before crashing on thee Puy de Mary stage, he was only 30sec behind Roglic and 4th on the gc at that point.

Yes, really underwhelming field this year and the total lack of excitement, the crashes and the injuries, Breakaways winning a multitude of stages even in the first weeks, the lack of tv coverage, the shortened queen stage, nah, not a Giro to remember fondly, Only Bernals brilliance is a saving grace
Agree, except that the field itself was looking pretty strong on paper at the start.

What was especially disappointing to me was how weak DQS was as a team except for Almeida. I really thought they could give give Ineos a fight. Without any strong teams to push the pace, we got a bunch of happy breakaway winners instead...

On the other hand, I'm really glad to see Caruso and Ciccone doing well. Ciccone living up to potential and Caruso shining when he has the chance.

TRENDING THREADS