• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2021 stage 16: Sacile - Cortina d'Ampezzo 212km

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

??

• Total voters
Looking at today's profile...

E2JI6irXoAAY8SD

I recalled the epic Gavia '88 stage

bormio88.jpg

I'd say there were worst weather conditions and more live images back then.
Also its not too dissimilar to the shortened/cancalled stage in 2019 he won or didnt win.

Agree, except that the field itself was looking pretty strong on paper at the start.

What was especially disappointing to me was how weak DQS was as a team except for Almeida. I really thought they could give give Ineos a fight. Without any strong teams to push the pace, we got a bunch of happy breakaway winners instead...

On the other hand, I'm really glad to see Caruso and Ciccone doing well. Ciccone living up to potential and Caruso shining when he has the chance.
The wolfpack turned into a herd of sheep...

Great work by EF for Bernal! And spectacular finish by him. Too bad no live images from the decisive stage part, I don't recall such a long break in live coverage.
The race for pink is basically over (unless a crash/illness/big crisis happens) but fight for podium should be more interesting.
Good work by the cameraman finding all the blue eyed women on the finish line....................

TRENDING THREADS