• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d'Italia 2024 Stage 2: San Francesco al Campo – Santuario di Oropa (Biella), 161.0 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Narvaez was giving it the biggun before the stage to be fair, they told Thomas not to mention him in the pre-Giro press conference so he went under the radar, maybe he's about to go full Emanuele Sella in this race. Have my doubts though.
Also noticed that interview, and he did win the Tour of Austria last year with mountains...

Anyways he's about that age where Ineos riders start to demonstrate a small amount of climbing talent

Lets hope so. If I hear one more 'Piccolo in a pickle' from Kirby.....
I get more fed up of the veneration of Oropa like it's somehow equivalent to Gavia, Mortirolo, Terminillo, Tre Cime or Stelvio in Giro lore. If it weren't for that one day from Pantani, nobody would care about this climb in the slightest.

The way Pantani gets more veneration from the Giro in recent years than Bottecchia, Girardengo, Binda, Coppi, Bartali, Magni, Gimondi, Moser and Saronni put together has long been pretty silly, but this climb is probably the #2 in the Pantani legacy after Carpegna.