• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'italia Stage 21: Torino – Milano 178 kms

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

TheGreenMonkey said:
LaFlorecita said:
TheGreenMonkey said:
irondan said:
TheGreenMonkey said:
Congratulations Alberto Contador on winning the 2015 Giro and adding a 7th Grand Tour to your list of victories
9th. Just ask Alberto.

Don't start this ****.
Well actually you started it :p

I just congratulated your hero on winning the Giro, isn't that enough for you?

I predict wedding bells :D

Bait, race not go my way?
What on earth are you talking about?
I am happy with Contador winning, I have just been enjoying the racing and not supporting anyone really for the overall, except Kruijswijk who was never going to challenge Contador. I just congratulate Contador on his win and you start jumping all over me.

TheGreenMonkey said:
I am happy with Contador winning, I have just been enjoying the racing and not supporting anyone really for the overall, except Kruijswijk who was never going to challenge Contador. I just congratulate Contador on his win and you start jumping all over me.
You explicitly mentioned this was his 7th GT, you could have known that would cause disagreement.

hrotha said:
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Another sign that the teams don't really care about this race. In July the sprinter teams would never ever throw away a stage win like this. I mean, this is more like Tour of Turkey then a Grand Tour...
That's absurd. The sprinter teams didn't throw it away - Keisse and Durbridge beat them fair and square.

It wasn't a matter of miscalculation. It was a matter of an already shattered field being kept at bay by two superb rouleurs.

They were definitely helped by the punctures. Giant are the one team with the incentive to chase and the team to do it but they couldn't chase until Mezgec was back which was way too late. Anyone Sky had to chase with went back for Konig. Trek not interested because of the points jersey etc

TheGreenMonkey said:
That's not what it looked like from where I'm sitting. I didn't jump all over you, that's a figment of your imagination.
I certainly didn't say anything that would excuse being called a ****head.
Just because you delete a post doesn't mean it didn't happen...... :(

Re:

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Another sign that the teams don't really care about this race. In July the sprinter teams would never ever throw away a stage win like this. I mean, this is more like Tour of Turkey then a Grand Tour...
Considering how hard this race was for the sprinters, and how the sprinter's teams were plagued by flat tires, it's quite understandable that two track pursuit riders could hold the peloton off. But that wasn't what you were trolling about I guess.

irondan said:
Red Rick said:
hfer07 said:
Gotta Love Landa - when he was asked about Alberto Celebrating his Giro Tiltle - he replied: , yes -it is Nice for him - IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME INSTEAD

Seriously :eek:
He must already have a deal in place for next season then? Or, he has made up his mind to leave Astana..

Maybe Tinkov making a fool of himself (I actually like this part of him) is part of the deal.

irondan said:
Red Rick said:
hfer07 said:
Gotta Love Landa - when he was asked about Alberto Celebrating his Giro Tiltle - he replied: , yes -it is Nice for him - IT COULD HAVE BEEN ME INSTEAD

Seriously :eek:
He must already have a deal in place for next season then? Or, he has made up his mind to leave Astana..

Probably just frustration. He knew he was held back, he knew how he felt, and it looks like the frustration caused by all of that made him tell the truth instead of being politically correct.

TRENDING THREADS