• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Stage 6: Fidenza - Marina di Carrara (172km)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
davis_123 said:
You can't seriously be from melbourne surely? Not one single person would stay up until 1am to watch Armstrong race, the only people who actually like him are the people who are watching their 1st ever cycling event and get told he is a star.

Those of us that are actually fans of cycling couldn't give a rats tossbag about Armstrong or the ToC

yeah alright buddy, way to miss the point.

The same applies for the giro, in general LA (I don't like him at all) is a big thing - just look at the hype and attendances of the Tdu with his involvement as proof.

The cycling fans will all be aware of Llyods win - which was ACF point, because of sbs no one will - because we go to the extra effort for the giro. Unfortunately the cycling fanbase isn't big enough in Australia. And for the neutrals, I assume having LA is a bigger factor then the tour of italy, which isn't given the respect it deserves here.

obviously I would like to have sbs show the giro, but I understand why they don't. And I think they do a great thing for cycling in Australia anyway.

ACF: what do you think :rolleyes: obv. the giro mate.
I like how every time you make a ludicrous comment and get caught out, it was a joke ;) :p

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Seems it's not just Evans who has benefited from him leaving Lotto.
Seems they can deliver when the shackles are removed.

It seems Evans was sucking the life out of that team. A terrible burden has been lifted from their shoulders.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
issoisso said:
It's understandable. They had a GC contender to protect and work for, with Evans.

Now they don't have anyone so they have a lot more freedom to go with moves.

It's not just that. There is something about Evans' personality that completely demotivates his teams. The same thing is happening to BMC. A once reasonably decent team is now out the back.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Congrats to Lloyd, but one thing Australians gotta work on is their victory salute - to me it seemed like he was actually unhappy about winning.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
yeah alright buddy, way to miss the point.

The same applies for the giro, in general LA (I don't like him at all) is a big thing - just look at the hype and attendances of the Tdu with his involvement as proof.

The cycling fans will all be aware of Llyods win - which was ACF point, because of sbs no one will - because we go to the extra effort for the giro. Unfortunately the cycling fanbase isn't big enough in Australia. And for the neutrals, I assume having LA is a bigger factor then the tour of italy, which isn't given the respect it deserves here.

ACF: what do you think :rolleyes: obv. the giro mate.
I like how every time you make a ludicrous comment and get caught out, it was a joke ;) :p

you think i was serious about the budget comment?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

now that is a good joke!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Eyjafjallajokull said:
It's not just that. There is something about Evans' personality that completely demotivates his teams. The same thing is happening to BMC. A once reasonably decent team is now out the back.

bye bye, on ignore.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Congrats to Lloyd, but one thing Australians gotta work on is their victory salute - to me it seemed like he was actually unhappy about winning.

Yeah, he needs to pull out a hunting knife and go "That's a knife!"

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
More importantly SBS have a deal with ASO. They get le Tour, Paris-Roubiax and the Dakkar rally and then get some stuffing thrown in with the deal. That's why we get Tour de Bukina Faso highlights and an over emphasis is placed on the ToC.
Until OneHD do a deal with RCS and Unipublic we'll have to make do with live tickers and web forums for non-ASO events, so please stop filling the forums with AFL nonsense!

That doesn't make sense.

davis_123

BANNED
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Hate to break it to you but California is shown in the morning from 6am, when 70% of the population in the Eastern states will be out of bed.

70% of aussies out of bed at 6am? Sure on a saturday/sunday morning we are still awake then but any other day and try 10-20% tops, most are not awake until at least 7-8am.

I started watching the TDF about 7 years ago because I thought it was a great test of physical endurance and haven't missed more then 3 stages in any edition since, yet I didn't even care to find out what time the ToC is on tv in the morning.

If sbs or OneHD decided to pick up the Giro or Vuelta though i'd be happy to watch those races.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
Meh... Dont see why he should go on your ignore list though. Seems so definitive and bitch slap-y. Granted I've never put anyone on ignore on any forum I've been on, so I guess its not in my make-up.

yeh me neither.
the point of a forum is for various opinions
seems to me that putting people on ignore defeats the purpose of this.
Unless of course you want a forum where we all agree on the same things, and jump around with joy whilst singing happy days.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
davis_123 said:
70% of aussies out of bed at 6am? Sure on a saturday/sunday morning we are still awake then but any other day and try 10-20% tops, most are not awake until at least 7-8am.

I started watching the TDF about 7 years ago because I thought it was a great test of physical endurance and haven't missed more then 3 stages in any edition since, yet I didn't even care to find out what time the ToC is on tv in the morning.

If sbs or OneHD decided to pick up the Giro or Vuelta though i'd be happy to watch those races.

I could give a ratts *** what you watch in Aus...I'm glad you get some cycling...but who cares if you dont like ToC? This is the Giro thread...

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
To put folk on ignore for petty reasons is one thing, to tell all of us whenever you do it... WTF?

I would be all in favour of making discussion of who and who isn't on your ignore list an instant time-out-"ban" offence. That way that immature public take-that! grandstanding disappears from my view... bliss.

And add anyone involved with adding 50% bloat to a GT stage thread with inane waffling about Australian egg and spoon races to that insta-ban list, whilst you are at it.