• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia - Stage 7 - Maddaloni → Montevergine di Mercogliano - 110km

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
yeah found that funny too. Kreuziger is going quite well in the uphills 4th in LBL. He said he has reached his prime too. So along with Nibali is narrowing the gap on Contador. I can expect at least one of the 2 to win a TDF, but their careers might be overshadowed by A.Schleck. Niemic put in a good performance too.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i love the way he celebrates at the end. clearly gave everything he had and was super happy with his performance.

also

machado.png

according to his diary he says he had a bad day today and simply didn't have the legs.

His victory salute of the last stage in Paris-Nice 2007 is even better :p

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Now wait till the real mountains before saying Nibali and Kreuziger are closing the gap on Contador, we have seen 0 evidence for that so far.

exactly I see them failing in the real mountains for sure, don't know how kiserlovski recovered but he seems better climber to me

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i honestly think nibali will surprise a lot of us who think he is a lesser climber.

Nibali will do ok. Kreuziger is behind.
Nibbles will probably be 5th or 6th in the pecking order on the steep stuff. Can't see him doing much better then that.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Nibali will do ok. Kreuziger is behind.
Nibbles will probably be 5th or 6th in the pecking order on the steep stuff. Can't see him doing much better then that.

only time will tell. i can see nibali going down hill like a mad man on those 2 stages in the last week that end with long downhills so he can recover some time lost in the previous mountains. he can also pull a il falco on the fenestre in case he loses some time on the climb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
only time will tell. i can see nibali going down hill like a mad man on those 2 stages in the last week that end with long downhills so he can recover some time lost in the previous mountains. he can also pull a il falco on the fenestre in case he loses some time on the climb

nibali's downhil capacity's are inmensely overrated

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
he's made out to be an excellent downhiller but I have never seen it. yes he's much above average nut nowhere close to a cancellara, hushovd, savoldelli, samu in his better days or a number of others. lombardy last year was great example. gilbert outdownhilled him big time

Ryo Hazuki said:
he's made out to be an excellent downhiller but I have never seen it. yes he's much above average nut nowhere close to a cancellara, hushovd, savoldelli, samu in his better days or a number of others. lombardy last year was great example. gilbert outdownhilled him big time
Hm. Nibali slipped on a few leaves. Could have happened to anyone (including Gilbert himself).

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Hm. Nibali slipped on a few leaves. Could have happened to anyone (including Gilbert himself).

I thought Nibali said he didn't know why he crashed?

Still, Ryo is right, he's a good downhiller, but not nearly a Savoldelli. Overrated, yeah.

There aren't any GC men or puncheurs who are really really great in descending à la Savoldelli. Perhaps Cancellara, but he usually isn't there at the front anymore when things are going downhill and that's what matters.

Boring stage. Nobody attacked, just wheelsucked. Possibly because there are too many other hard mountain stages. All in all, too many MTFs and toher hard mountains doesn't guarantee exciting racing. Possibly they'll wheelsuck Etna as well.

guncha said:
Boring stage. Nobody attacked, just wheelsucked. Possibly because there are too many other hard mountain stages. All in all, too many MTFs and toher hard mountains doesn't guarantee exciting racing. Possibly they'll wheelsuck Etna as well.

you gotta check those editions from 2001 and 2007 when they finished here.you can't attack anywhere.this ALWAYS was for a 20-30 sprint group.i guess you'll be disappointed in le tour too because andy schleck and the favourites won't attack at super besse.

etna will be something else.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
you gotta check those editions from 2001 and 2007 when they finished here.you can't attack anywhere.this ALWAYS was for a 20-30 sprint group.i guess you'll be disappointed in le tour too because andy schleck and the favourites won't attack at super besse.

Didn't Simoni win in 2001 and Di Luca in 2007?

Bart de Clercq will win the Giro!

jens_attacks said:

In 2007 there was 15 sec difference between the winner and 15th guy while this year first 15 riders had the same time. I remember watching the stage of 2007 and GC contenders tried to attack each other.

TRENDING THREADS