• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Stage 4: Padova to San Martino di Costrazza

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
OK, here's one for you: Marzio Bruseghin. He's only a minute down on GC, and we know he has a huge motor. Today isn't steep enough for Cunego, I reckon Lampre might let Marzio go. Could he be in pink tonight?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
OK, here's one for you: Marzio Bruseghin. He's only a minute down on GC, and we know he has a huge motor. Today isn't steep enough for Cunego, I reckon Lampre might let Marzio go. Could he be in pink tonight?

Rogers in pink and maybe and this is a huge maybe for Lance Armstrong for the stage or maybe Soler for the stage but not the jersey

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Rogers in pink is certainly possible. I really have no idea how he is climbing at the minute, although he is clearly in good form.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I tuned in to Eurosport Fr. let's see how that commentary is ;)

It depends, today, if the race is going to explode I bet a GC contender is going to take it. If they let a small group escape, with unimportant riders, we might not see anything happening that makes a difference...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
hmm as someone said before... the captions on Eurosport.Fr are in english as well, so I bet they are pandering to the US market... 'Leaders and chasing pack' :(

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I hope the break stays away and Voigt takes it. If not, I hope Cunego is strong enough.
Garzelli and Di Luca should be there to sprint in the finish.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
All coverages are produced by RAI. Other channels won't have their own captions etc they just buy the rights to broadcast it.

i know, i just thought the other guy was watching rai international where they might make a distinction and use english caps...that is not the case.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd really appreciate the broadcasters to NOT show us the highlights of Armstrong's career every single day when they single him out in the peloton, again.

Since they are pandering to the US market, it might be wise to single out some lesser known riders, just to familiarize viewers with other cyclists and to show them the 'pack' consists of more then 1 rider...

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Danilo Di Luca had some interesting comments in La Gazzetta this morning: "We have to eliminate Armstrong early from the race or he will do like Contador did last year. If we let him hang around, he will only get stronger and he could be a major factor later in the race. The other favorites should collaborate to make it hard these next two days and try to get rid of Armstrong. You can never underestimate him."

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Jasper said:
Petacchi leading the bunch of the first ascent of the day. What a hero :D

I few minutes later he is dropped lack a sack of potatoes on that said first ascent... ;)

his wheels are square, sjaspatat, geparkeerd, or what else does Michel Wuyts use...?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
There is still alot of riders left though so they can't have been going that hard.

Given Armstrongs face, compared to Basso's (who displayed complete serenity by the french commentator), I don't think the boss seemed to like it too much ;)

perhaps they sped up when they heard Di luca had a flat, just 1-2 k before the top.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Jasper said:
Michel Wuyts would make some kind of homo-erotic comment, probably :p

Petacchi zijn pijp is uit :D

haha, too bad so few people understand dutch. I think they would fall in love with his commentary...

Are there any "wuytisms", or a website that lists them?

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Bala Verde said:
haha, too bad so few people understand dutch. I think they would fall in love with his commentary...

Are there any "wuytisms", or a website that lists them?
I wonder, do other commentators also talk such much about Bruseghin's donkeys during the Giro?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Jasper said:
I wonder, do other commentators also talk such much about Bruseghin's donkeys during the Giro?

I wish more of them did, makes the race so much more interesting...

I also liked Jean Nelissen, who kept a database of all riders and added interesting stories to their names. When the race was boring, he started to talk about a rider's grandmother whose birtday fell on that day (how in god's name does he know that, you'd be asking yourself) who had been mugged while she was waiting on the bus in Venice or something like that haha...

TRENDING THREADS