• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro Stage 5: Modena – Cattolica 175 km

Will it be a sprint?

• Total voters
Oh, come on, people; you know what year it is! And I still don't do commas (at least not in headlines).

It's time for the flattest, and quite possibly straightest, stage (so far) of this year's Giro.

Stage 5: Modena – Cattolica 175 km

Wednesday, May 12th, 13.10 CEST

XDv8ng9Yi4NL5c84uqOO_220421-083039.jpg

AbEMbzz4UWjVDyU89CAL_220421-083047.jpg

Technical Overview:

Pan flat stage along the Via Emilia. The only redeeming quality of the stage might be crosswinds, especially after Rimini, since the last ~20 km are along the coast.

Final Kilometers

e33EFFofxTBQKrjawwar_220421-083042.jpg

What to expect:

Mass sprint. Hopefully some wind, but do not get your hopes up.

cattolica.jpg

Cattolica

Oh, come on, people; you know what year it is! And I still don't do commas (at least not in headlines).

It's time for the flattest, and quite possibly straightest, stage (so far) of this year's Giro.
I don't care much about commas, but the year is useful when someone wants to look for the thread without remembering the town names.
If I search for "Giro stage 5" I'm gonna get quite a lot of results, I imagine.

Now, why anyone would ever want to search for this stage in particular, I don't know.

I don't care much about commas, but the year is useful when someone wants to look for the thread without remembering the town names.
If I search for "Giro stage 5" I'm gonna get quite a lot of results, I imagine.

Now, why anyone would ever want to search for this stage in particular, I don't know.

Surely threads like this aren't relevant any longer by the time they're no longer on the front page?

TRENDING THREADS