• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Start in Turin - No accomodation?

Mar 10, 2009
www.flickr.com
I just contacted the Turin Tourist Office. They say there will be extreme difficulties finding accomodation in the city on the weekend 7/8 May.

Following your request, we send you the link to the camper in Turin and the surrounding areas:
AREAS CAMPER

We inform you, however, 6-9 May, Turin will host the gatherings of mountain, an event of great importance to the Italians who attract thousands of people in the city. Therefore, there may be difficulty in finding a place in areas camper.Considering that 600.000 :eek: people are expected in Torino from the 6th to the 9th of May. It is not possible to book the campervan parking spot.

A big mountains gathering and the Giro the same weekend ... :(

Mar 10, 2009
www.flickr.com
Thank you for your advice :D.
Em ... I've been following the Giro since 2007, and have never had problems booking/finding campervan areas at the last minute .... The point of my post is to illustrate this exception :rolleyes:
I will be at the Giro Start as planned :cool: