• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Tour Elimination Game ( 2010s )

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Heal: 2010 Tour
Hurt: 2011 Giro

Am I missing something with Giro 2011? Contador was so much better than everyone else that there was no race for pink at all, and he ended up disqualified anyway. And not much else happened that I can remember, apart from the tragic death of Weylandts.

Yet it has more points than 2010 Tour with Schleck vs Contador and some of the most iconic mano a mano racing you're likely to see?

Last edited:
Heal: 2010 Tour
Hurt: 2011 Giro

Am I missing something with Giro 2011? Contador was so much better than everyone else that there was no race for pink at all, and he ended up disqualified anyway. And not much else happened that I can remember, apart from the tragic death of Weylandts.

Yet it has more points than 2010 Tour with Schleck vs Contador and some of the most iconic mano a mano racing you're likely to see?
2011 had like one insanely good stage with Contador, Nibali and Scarponi constantly attacking and dropping each other over multiple passes and basically that's it. The Etna stage was pretty good I guess but then again it pretty much ended the race. From then onwards it was just Contador riding away from his main competitors on every mtf for the most part. We had some good racing here and there but never a real battle for the gc.

I guess it was a good race in the same way the 2015 Giro was still kinda good after the Mortirolo. The race was decided but the riders kept attacking anyway and we got good stages even though we already knew the winner. But the difference is, in 2015 before the Mortirolo we actually had two full weeks of great racing with a super close gc battle. 2011 didn't have that.

Reactions: Ranagazoo

Seb

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm Seb from Germany and I'm new in this forum; just introduced myself in another thread. Hope I can join in this game. If so, my vote would be

Heal: 2015 Giro
Hurt: 2010 Giro

I hope I'm correctly assuming that one rule prevents not just upvoting the same GT two days in a row (by one person) but also downvoting the same GT two days in a row.

Best regards

Reactions: Forever The Best
Hi, I'm Seb from Germany and I'm new in this forum; just introduced myself in another thread. Hope I can join in this game. If so, my vote would be

I hope I'm correctly assuming that one rule prevents not just upvoting the same GT two days in a row (by one person) but also downvoting the same GT two days in a row.

Best regards

Welcome. You are welcome to join. Yes the rule is both for up and down voting.

Best regards
I'm not sure you're allowed to downvote Giro 2010 before your 1000th post though.

Will have to check the rules.

TRENDING THREADS