• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grands Prix Cyclistes de Canada (Québec & Montréal) - 1.WT2

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
First things that came to mind were WC where he was completely out of contention, but was brought back by idiots that thought they had the best man in their team. The other was his win in Cancellara's wheel where he refused to help. Those were pretty big and important wins i would say. You could also count PR last year, where he had the perfect team mate in Dillier.

And again, the point was that he clearly wasn't riding to win today. He would either have tried to bridge solo, or just let someone else do the dirty work if he wanted to win. Just testing his legs for the Worlds.
Fair enough but those are just 3 (albeit important) wins out of 113 that you mentioned. And regarding today's race i don't believe he had much of a chance to win either way but he could have landed a better result if he just sat on.

Fair enough but those are just 3 (albeit important) wins out of 113 that you mentioned. And regarding today's race i don't believe he had much of a chance to win either way but he could have landed a better result if he just sat on.
Either Ala was going to win, and the small bunch was not coming back and he might have been able to take 3rd place or maybe second in case he was able to overtake a dying Cosnefroy . Or he could just test his legs with the WC in mind. I think he did the latter. No point in sprinting for 3rd imho.

Reactions: Vino's Mum
Very glad to see Greg finally getting another big win. Took a while, but much deserved after all the close results. And maybe there's more to come. Last Friday in Québec I saw bits of his old mojo again, today was the confirmation.

Get safe to Yorkshire, buddy!

Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS