Great moments in cycling commentating

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 8, 2010
1,257
0
0
Libertine Seguros said:
It's okay, you're Danish, so forgetfulness with XC skiing is allowed*

*why ARE your compatriots so rubbish at the Nordic disciplines?
Usually there's only 2-4 weeks with snow each year in Denmark.
 
Dag Otto Lauritzen who is a commentator on Norwegian TV2 cracked me up today. Just after EBH crossed the line, Voeckler went off road and into that parking space where Hivert went before him and Dag Otto goes: "They should open up a cafe there..."
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
RedheadDane said:
Two words: Norwegian commentators! :D
They're hilarious! On Danish TV you could actually hear them over the Danish commentators.
That's because the Danish commentators went to their room and put their mic into the Norwegian's faces. The Norwegian commentator was doing a victory dance for Edvald Boasson Hagen. They showed it on Vive Le Velo today.
 
El Pistolero said:
That's because the Danish commentators went to their room and put their mic into the Norwegian's faces.
Actually the Danish and the Norwegian commentator boxes are just right next to each other. Which is why Ritter talked about requesting a new box when Hushovd took his first win.
 

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
3,480
0
0
At sporza during the giro you kept hearing the outbursts of the Spanish commentator, but because he was on the radio you only had him occasionally.

Also fun during the giro the rain was so heavy that the box was leaking and the Sporza guys were up to their ankles in water.

Great moment form the tour:
Tuesday Contador attacks and Evans follows and goes to the lead.

And now Evans is doing something he never ever does, he is going to take the lead and set the pace
(not really meant seriously though)
Oh and yesterday Wuyts started singing the Italian anthem untill he was told to shut up by De Caauwer
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
RedheadDane said:
Actually the Danish and the Norwegian commentator boxes are just right next to each other. Which is why Ritter talked about requesting a new box when Hushovd took his first win.
Yeah, but they went inside their box :p I saw it on the footage.
 
Jul 16, 2010
17,463
0
0
Barrus said:
At sporza during the giro you kept hearing the outbursts of the Spanish commentator, but because he was on the radio you only had him occasionally.

Also fun during the giro the rain was so heavy that the box was leaking and the Sporza guys were up to their ankles in water.

Great moment form the tour:
Tuesday Contador attacks and Evans follows and goes to the lead.



(not really meant seriously though)
Oh and yesterday Wuyts started singing the Italian anthem untill he was told to shut up by De Caauwer
Really? Aww, I fell a sleep then :p
 
Apr 8, 2010
1,257
0
0
Jørgen Leth about Schlecks' descent comments:
"We have to say unequivocally that it is nonsense."
 
(Ok, this isn't by a commentator but by a cycling-expert in the studie. I just couldn't find anywhere else to put it.)

Expert: (Regarding why people won't be attacking on the way into Paris) They'd have to do it when they were holding champagne...
 
Aug 1, 2009
1,038
0
0
Jørgen Leth on Basso waiting on the start ramp: He looks like an angel as always.

Dennis Ritter on Armstrong twittering that he would appear at the tour: Maybe he will be in the car behind Levi Leipheimer to cheer him up out on the route.
 
Danish Eurosport commentators about Nepomnyachshiy

Com#1: That will be homework for tomorrow, learning the name of this young Astana rider.
Com#2: Shouldn't we hope he doesn't get into a break?

---
Why Summie is always being sent to the front

"He's always in the wind!"
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY