• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Great moments in cycling commentating

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
WinterRider said:
After the field sprint today at the US Pro Cycling challenge:

Paul Sherwin:

"Sometimes its the last four or five hundred meters that are the most important in the field sprint."

It was news to me :D

You know... as opposed to those instances when the race is settled around 500 metres from the line and the riders then just teleport... :rolleyes:

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
From Danish Eurosport, on Bruseghin:

"He's also a bit like a donkey himself."

Apparently Marzio has a few hundred donkeys on his farm...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Watching the stage to the Angliru and the American commentators on Universal Sports (not Bobke) pronounced Marzio Bruseghin as Bru-say-ghin. Maybe it's their accents, but way to butcher somebodies name.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Watching the stage to the Angliru and the American commentators on Universal Sports (not Bobke) pronounced Mauro Bruseghin as Bru-say-ghin. Maybe it's their accents, but way to butcher somebodies name.

His name is Marzio not Mauro.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
That was stupid of me now wasn't it?

facepalm-3.jpg

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
German ES guys going bananas at the end of the Giro 09 cause they miscalculated and thought Menchov had lost...they ended the broadcast declaring DiLuca the winner.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sophistic said:
German ES guys going bananas at the end of the Giro 09 cause they miscalculated and thought Menchov had lost...they ended the broadcast declaring DiLuca the winner.

So even though Menchov still finished ahead of Di Luca in the final time trial they managed to miscalculate? :p

Not sure if stupid or... xD

RedheadDane said:
Okay, I know this is kinda old. But a while ago the Danish Eurosport commentators mentioned that it looks like Moncoutie had borrowed a pair of Taaramae's old Estonian champ shorts.
I have to say I sorta agree...
Well if not directly borrowed they are at least the exact same design. I guess it's cheaper...

A

Anonymous

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I was deeply embarrased for him when he was practically yelling his support for froome into the mic when he attacked.

DId you watch last CL quaterfinal match between spurs and real, the way ray wilkins commentated was ridicilous.

TRENDING THREADS