• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

greg lemond - jealous of lance?

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems greg lemond is jealous of lance winning 7 TDF's to his Three - he seems bent on taking lance down. I wonder if his accusations of doping (and now siding with Floyd Landis) is indicative of trying to hide a doping issue in his past. Those who protest too loudly often have participated in that which they protest.

sierragirl said:
Seems greg lemond is jealous of lance winning 7 TDF's to his Three - he seems bent on taking lance down. I wonder if his accusations of doping (and now siding with Floyd Landis) is indicative of trying to hide a doping issue in his past. Those who protest too loudly often have participated in that which they protest.

Suck it, Lemond haters.

1225_large.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Marva32 said:
All of us were one-post wonders at some point. Why the attack on the original poster?

Because most people start out by joining conversations about race stages or riders, or requesting information. A first appearance as part of an anti-anyone media wave is suspect. Are there really fifty cycling fans suddenly drawn today to a cycling forum all with the same thought on their minds?

theswordsman said:
Because most people start out by joining conversations about race stages or riders, or requesting information. A first appearance as part of an anti-anyone media wave is suspect. Are there really fifty cycling fans suddenly drawn today to a cycling forum all with the same thought on their minds?

You may be right about the posts, but attack the message, not the individual

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Marva32 said:

Just look around the forum today and notice the number of treads that were started by new posters on the same subject, using the same language. It is obviously orchestrated.

Marva32 said:

Are you too dense to notice the obvious? There are about 100 posting names on here that all joined this month. The whole idea is to discredit Lemond and anyone who attacks Armstrong. It's not as though it's 100 different people. They're all just muppets of the same poster or couple of posters.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Are you too dense to notice the obvious? There are about 100 posting names on here that all joined this month. The whole idea is to discredit Lemond and anyone who attacks Armstrong. It's not as though it's 100 different people. They're all just muppets of the same poster or couple of posters.

You should seriously consider taking a board break for a few weeks.

Moose McKnuckles said:

I would say that I am not dense at all. I am interested in reading the different opinions which people share in the forum. I don't pay attention to the names of the posters, nor do I pay attention to the numbers of the posts that poster has. I don't know that the whole ideas is to discredit Lemond and anyone who attacks Armstrong. It seems to me that there is a lot of hatred directed towards those who have anything positive to say about Armstrong no matter what the subject.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Marva32 said:
All of us were one-post wonders at some point. Why the attack on the original poster?
Because of the content of the post. A classic attack on Lemond in an attempt to bring him down and prop up Armstrong. It contains nearly all of the required elements in three sentences: Lemond is jealous of Armstrong; Lemond is inferior to Armstrong; Lemond must have doped. Only the requisite attacks on Lemond's current level of fitness and his victimization as a child are missing. There was even a quick reference to Landis thrown in, but the poster didn't seem to know how to fit it in so it lacked the desired punch.

Doesn't that strike you as a strange way to enter a forum? Almost seems like a paid shrill spreading the gospel according to livestrong.

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
sierragirl said:

Dear Meat Puppet,

Who protests the loudest?

pedaling squares said:
Because of the content of the post. A classic attack on Lemond in an attempt to bring him down and prop up Armstrong. It contains nearly all of the required elements in three sentences: Lemond is jealous of Armstrong; Lemond is inferior to Armstrong; Lemond must have doped. Only the requisite attacks on Lemond's current level of fitness and his victimization as a child are missing. There was even a quick reference to Landis thrown in, but the poster didn't seem to know how to fit it in so it lacked the desired punch.

Doesn't that strike you as a strange way to enter a forum? Almost seems like a paid shrill spreading the gospel according to livestrong.

Let me ask you a question, would you still think it odd if the original poster had their initial post as an attack on Armstrong? Who knows how somebody chooses the topic for their first post. With all of the controversy surrounding the subject, questioning one side or the other seems like a reasonable way to get into the discussion.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
^^ You post with the naivete of someone who doesn't read the CN forums much. We understand you're trying to be diplomatic here but we've seen the likes of this poster a thousand times before. They'll be banned in 12 hrs don't worry about that.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Marva32 said:
Let me ask you a question, would you still think it odd if the original poster had their initial post as an attack on Armstrong? Who knows how somebody chooses the topic for their first post. With all of the controversy surrounding the subject, questioning one side or the other seems like a reasonable way to get into the discussion.

Good question. Yes I would find it odd if the poster wrote nothing more than an attack in the form of opinion with nothing to corroborate it. If there was a reference to supporting science, media articles, or quotes from persons with first hand knowledge of the subject matter I wouldn't find it strange. And the timing is also relevant, if there were suddenly several new posters with similar anti-Armstrong motives I would find it odd.

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
2001racer said:
I just wish Lemonds brother in law was standing a little closer when he shot what he thought was a turkey

jesus! did you just say that you wished lemond was killed in that accident?

unbalanced much?

are there any moderators on this forum anymore? :(

unsheath said:
^^ You post with the naivete of someone who doesn't read the CN forums much. We understand you're trying to be diplomatic here but we've seen the likes of this poster a thousand times before. They'll be banned in 12 hrs don't worry about that.

I've been reading the CN forums several times daily for a couple of years now. I've seen the likes of this poster many times before, and on all sides of the different discussions. I guess it has just gotten to the point where I am sick of all the unmitigated hatred on the forums, and that the hatred gets in the way of an honest discussion of issues and opinions.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
2001racer said:
Oh no, not me. I didn't say that. You're making accusations based on unfounded assumptions and generalizations and basing your case on that. You may have heard that type of behavior is going around. Watch out for it.

I never said that. I said he was my hero. Read the post.

I did read your post - and then re-read it because I couldn't believe your first sentence. If you didn't mean that you wished LeMond was killed what the heck did you mean by this?

2001racer said:
I just wish Lemonds brother in law was standing a little closer when he shot what he thought was a turkey...

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
2001racer said:
I just wish Lemonds brother in law was standing a little closer when he shot what he thought was a turkey...

Lemond was my hero. Hey I went to the 1986 worlds in Colorado Springs and have his autograph on the actual ticket. But dude... Just SHUT UP. I'm not in the camp of that everyone is clean OR everyone is dirty. But, don't you really think that Lance cold beat that many tests...? For that many years? If he's proven guilty then I'll be the first to condemn him. But if the doctors and the anti-doping agencies can't catch him, how can hearsay from an aging fat former hero of mine.

Hey Lemond, cycling gave you all the gifts in your life. Appreciate it and shut the hell up. I say he's jealous of the money that's in the sport now. Just think how all the NASCAR guys from the old days feel about field fillers in the NASCAR races having their own jets...?

Could you clarify what you mean in the bolded segment?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
sierragirl said:

Greg is NOT jealous of Lance. Greg wants to clean up the sport.

TRENDING THREADS