• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 400 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Female? No
Inactive? Yes
Rode competitively after 1/1 2000? Yes
European? Yes
Rode competitively after 1/1 2010? Yes
Born in country with shoreline? Yes
Represented country he was born in? Yes
From country with Monument? No
From country with GT? Yes
Was his last team a WT team? Yes
Normal retirement? Yes
Top tenned in a GT? No
Does he have hair? Yes
Basque? No
Did he enter a World Championships Road Race? No
Ever won a WT stage/race (or an equivalent at the time)? No
Ever finished top 10 in the Volta a Portugal? No
Ever finished in the top-10 of any (cat. 1 or above) race? Yes
Did he ever ride on the team currently known as Movistar? Yes
Was the team currently known as Movistar his last team? No
Xabier Zandio? No

Raúl González? No (who?)
Rode after 1/1 2015? Yes

It is Losada. I was worried that I had got an answer wrong when there was so much difficulty in getting him: I was wondering whether I should draw attention to ongoing involvement in mountain biking in mitigation, or admit that I didn't know his hair status any more recently than the 2017 Katusha mug-shot.

I didn't have any rider I was particularly keen to put up this time, so I applied a random number generator to the CQ database, but the the first name that threw up was a 45 year old Swiss guy whose only result was 4th place in the Indonesian national championships two years ago, followed by a few others so obscure that even LS would have been embarrassed to introduce them to the game. But I persevered, and eventually the randon number generator lead me to Alberto Losada.

And who is Raúl González?

It is Losada. I was worried that I had got an answer wrong when there was so much difficulty in getting him: I was wondering whether I should draw attention to ongoing involvement in mountain biking in mitigation, or admit that I didn't know his hair status any more recently than the 2017 Katusha mug-shot.

I didn't have any rider I was particularly keen to put up this time, so I applied a random number generator to the CQ database, but the the first name that threw up was a 45 year old Swiss guy whose only result was 4th place in the Indonesian national championships two years ago, followed by a few others so obscure that even LS would have been embarrassed to introduce them to the game. But I persevered, and eventually the randon number generator lead me to Alberto Losada.

And who is Raúl González?

Some bloke northwards from Contador.

Libertine,

Female?
Single?

Last edited:
He is from a non-European territory of a European nation, but he is not Marc de Maar (de Maar was actually born in the European Netherlands but grew up in Curaçao, I did nearly go for him a while back because of the Curaçao link).
He has raced road since 1/1/2000
And he has started a GT or Monument.

TRENDING THREADS