• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hamilton caught again!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
He's a doper and a liar, and a poor liar at that (but at least he's convinced himself). He has access to physician who can prescribe countless other depression meds (aside from the one he said wasn't working) that don't have banned substances in them, and he chooses a holistic one that does.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
From Depression Experience

I have depression and I'm also a racer. So much so that I am lucky to be here and have spent time in an institution after my attempt. But I'm happy to say I'm on the mend.

As a person who has first hand felt it's ravaging effects I can't begin to tell you how offended I am at this tools claims. IF you have DHEA deficiency there is a simple BLOOD TEST to tell!!! And only some people have had positive results with therapy. I can show you the studies, usually people have an acute defiency and have to take a boat load. Even then there is no guarantee.

He doesn't have true depression he most likely feels down because he can't win races without cheating. Ya and messing with your hormones even insulin over a period of time can cause short term issues. Stop cheating and you'll be fine.

I am really ****ed off that he is using this as an excuse.

PEOPLE AND ESPECIALLY PRO ATHELETES SHOULD NOT SELF MEDICATE!!!

That's how addictions start....drug, alchohol,sex,cheating.

If this idiot really truly has a problem there are proper ways to do it. And what really makes me angry is he has good money and people around him to ask. IDIOT!!!

Try dealing with this being alone isolated from people in some foreign country dealing with little money or healthcare this.

I would love to just have a 10 minute conversation with this selfish *******.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Truth, cleanliness and honor

bikepure said:
He holds and olympic medal, the symbol of what is clean and true in our mixed up world. and he spits on the symbolism and honour of real athletes.

An olympic medal is the symbol of what is "clean and true"?

Look, I like spectating sports just as much as the next guy, but if you want to solve the doping problem, you can start by ceasing your own sport worship. Olympic medals don't symbolize anything outside of exceptional athletic performance—they have nothing to do with truth, cleanliness or honor.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
hmronnow said:
American is not a language. In South America, Spanish and Portugese (among other) is spoken. In North America, people speak English, French and increasingly Spanish.

Then why does Microsoft have 'American English' on its drop-down menus?
I speak British English and it is nothing like the ******** you speak!

It's 'Portuguese' by the way!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mauro Finetto of the CSF Group - Navigare team won the sixth stage of the Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey today. A fantastic win for the young Italian. A career highlight being first home in a 4-hour stage infected with side winds.
The sad thing no one will ever know. Baring his family and a few locals, the cycling world is ignorant to his victory. It just so happens that Tyler chose this particular Friday to tell the world that, once a cheat always a cheat.
The whispers have been about for six weeks about Tyler’s positive test result for steroids. Tyler, the convicted doper, returned to cycling after a two-year ban and once again swooned the hearts of the American nation. At the Tour of California there was a small kid in a US champion’s jersey with Hamilton picture across the front .He was waving a flag in awe of the great race.

It took 6 weeks for Tyler to admit his positive test;
6 weeks of his team covering up for his lack of race starts with lies of flu;
6 weeks of the US anti doping agency knowing and saying nothing.
A further 6 weeks of that kid being proud of his hero and his shirt before another heartbreak

Mauro Finetto win will be lost in the back pages of cycling magazines. Hamilton’s positive test result was exposed to the world on the inside cover of the NY Times. More damaging coverage for cycling. Yet again the image of the sport lies in ruins due to the weak, selfish, cheating of a weak, selfish rider.
Nothing will give Mauro Finetto the publicity he deserves, Nothing will convince that kid that supporting a champion cyclist is a secure move.
All convicted dopers should be not only be banned for life from competition but also banned from working within cycling and polluting yet another generation. Tyler's Olympic medal should be returned. His US champion’s jersey should be handed to Garmin-Chipotle's Blake Caldwell who finished second to Hamilton last August and he should be forgotten. No talked about, dismissed lest the damage and media coverage be redirected against our sport more.
I long for the day when cycling results are on the inside cover of the NY times, doping test results are open and efficient and that kid will want to wear his favorite shirt to bed again.
Well done Mauro

http://www.bikepure.org
Support clean-real riders.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Hamilton your an A**hole, when is it going to stop??..Ban for life, these guys don't learn so maybe they should throw them out for good. Also start back dating a few life bans for the likes of Basso, Schum, Kohl etc and get rid of them as well :mad: Any ride they do will be under major suspicion

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
e-fred said:
I look forward to the book...

yes! And I hope he "blows the whistle BIG Time!

Me thinks Tyler was "protected" while with Postal, CSC, then he became the "big fish in the water" to go after by the dope testers once he moved out of the "Mafia" and went to Phonak.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
bikepure said:
His US champion’s jersey should be handed to Garmin-Chipotle's Blake Caldwell who finished second to Hamilton last August and he should be forgotten.

From what I understand there was NO TESTING at all at that USPRO race.

What makes you think Mauro Finetto or any other top pro is clean? I know of amateurs that dope heavily. Garmin team will not post their wattage data from their races and training rides and I have my doubts about all their rides (Zabriskie beating Gustov Larson who averaged close to 480 watts in the Tour of California TT.)

If we imagine David's faster ride averaged the same power of 480 watts/70 = 6.85 watts per kilo for Zabriskie (higher than Lance armstrong's 6.7 in 2004.)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
How many Tyler Hamilton's here?

When you can walk in his shoes......or anyone's for that matter....... then maybe you can start to take an assessment of that person.

Until then, you don't have a clue, and the words spoken are but a mirror image of your own view of yourself.

Oh... the shock ..... the horror..... someone took a substance they are not "supposed to". Now some are ready to burn him at the stake. Insane. Because we're all insane however ..... it doesn't seem so cruel. That's fuc'd up.

WAKE UP!

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes Mauro Finetto from good ole clean CSF. Let's just wait to he gets banged up naming Sella as his supplier. Bikepure indeed.

bikepure said:
Mauro Finetto of the CSF Group - Navigare team won the sixth stage of the Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey today. A fantastic win for the young Italian. A career highlight being first home in a 4-hour stage infected with side winds.
The sad thing no one will ever know. Baring his family and a few locals, the cycling world is ignorant to his victory. It just so happens that Tyler chose this particular Friday to tell the world that, once a cheat always a cheat.
The whispers have been about for six weeks about Tyler’s positive test result for steroids. Tyler, the convicted doper, returned to cycling after a two-year ban and once again swooned the hearts of the American nation. At the Tour of California there was a small kid in a US champion’s jersey with Hamilton picture across the front .He was waving a flag in awe of the great race.

It took 6 weeks for Tyler to admit his positive test;
6 weeks of his team covering up for his lack of race starts with lies of flu;
6 weeks of the US anti doping agency knowing and saying nothing.
A further 6 weeks of that kid being proud of his hero and his shirt before another heartbreak

Mauro Finetto win will be lost in the back pages of cycling magazines. Hamilton’s positive test result was exposed to the world on the inside cover of the NY Times. More damaging coverage for cycling. Yet again the image of the sport lies in ruins due to the weak, selfish, cheating of a weak, selfish rider.
Nothing will give Mauro Finetto the publicity he deserves, Nothing will convince that kid that supporting a champion cyclist is a secure move.
All convicted dopers should be not only be banned for life from competition but also banned from working within cycling and polluting yet another generation. Tyler's Olympic medal should be returned. His US champion’s jersey should be handed to Garmin-Chipotle's Blake Caldwell who finished second to Hamilton last August and he should be forgotten. No talked about, dismissed lest the damage and media coverage be redirected against our sport more.
I long for the day when cycling results are on the inside cover of the NY times, doping test results are open and efficient and that kid will want to wear his favorite shirt to bed again.
Well done Mauro

aside from his career being ruined by this new positive test- I hope & pray not to see Hamilton hitting bottom & become the "American Pantani"..... If he's got mental disorders, please seek professional help & counseling ASAP. If this is a new excuse to walk away from the truth-then welcome the punishment and never come back to cycling-not even to write a book about it, because given the circumstances I deeply doubt his honesty....

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
lostintime said:
How many Tyler Hamilton's here?

When you can walk in his shoes......or anyone's for that matter....... then maybe you can start to take an assessment of that person.

Until then, you don't have a clue, and the words spoken are but a mirror image of your own view of yourself.

Oh... the shock ..... the horror..... someone took a substance they are not "supposed to". Now some are ready to burn him at the stake. Insane. Because we're all insane however ..... it doesn't seem so cruel. That's fuc'd up.

WAKE UP!

Haha...I'm awake. I've been awake for days and I take all the substances I'm not supposed to. Load me up with Charlie, Wizza, some Ding Dongs, some P and I'll smoke some joints too. All mixed in with my own depression and I guess if I had a dealer that could get me some performance enhancers I'd give that a shot too. Why not, I have no responsibilities and I'm not a professional cyclist. So yep, haven't walked in his shoes but I know if I had the chance....I wouldn't do any of those things because no matter what the pain, how bad my own personal pain or how hard cycling must be I would have a responsibility to the sport, the fans, my sponsors and my team. And If i was in the same team as someone doping and I found out...then burning at the stake would just be the beginning.

All that said, I hope Tyler isn't suffering from depression and he gets the help he needs if he does....but throwing around the 'walked in someone elses shoes' arguement, give me a break! We've all walked our own demons before.

cycutza said:
Haha...I'm awake. I've been awake for days and I take all the substances I'm not supposed to. Load me up with Charlie, Wizza, some Ding Dongs, some P and I'll smoke some joints too. All mixed in with my own depression and I guess if I had a dealer that could get me some performance enhancers I'd give that a shot too. Why not, I have no responsibilities and I'm not a professional cyclist. So yep, haven't walked in his shoes but I know if I had the chance....I wouldn't do any of those things because no matter what the pain, how bad my own personal pain or how hard cycling must be I would have a responsibility to the sport, the fans, my sponsors and my team. And If i was in the same team as someone doping and I found out...then burning at the stake would just be the beginning.

Yeah, sure you would. If it is so easy to do the right thing then why have no cyclists come forward and really spilled the beans. Manzano is the only one ,and he had his health destroyed. He still did not do the kind of detailed naming of names that would have made a difference. 95%+ of the riders in the mid 90's to mid 00's were on team organized doping program. That is hundreds of riders. Where are they? Why have not they stood up and given the type of information that would blow up the sport and allow true change to occur?

Heck, look at Vaughters with all his talk about clean cycling and chaning the culture. Yet he still will not fess up. The rest of his riders are the same. They will hint at things but never come right out and tell the truth. Are they any better than Hamilton?

roadiemtl

BANNED
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
You believe him??? what about his previous conviction. This guy is a lying sack of ****, should have stayed retired the first time. You're the kind of lawyer that I wouldn't want prosecuting a pedophile, let me guess, its the kids fault.

Grow a set.

smessvader said:
I don't know -- I think some of you are being too harsh. Personally, I believe him when he said he wasn't taking it to boost performance (esp. since he has a history of depression and there is little/no proof that DHEA does boost performance). I think he's doing the honorable thing by retiring but think he may be getting a raw deal and the WADA and UCI should really reconsider this case. I'm a lawyer but know that sometimes you need to look at the spirit of a regulation and not just the black-letter law. If it's clear he wasn't taking this to boost performance, then I think it's harsh to come down on him too hard, but like I said, given his history, I think he's doing the right thing by retiring.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
roadiemtl said:
You believe him??? what about his previous conviction. This guy is a lying sack of ****, should have stayed retired the first time. You're the kind of lawyer that I wouldn't want prosecuting a pedophile, let me guess, its the kids fault.

Grow a set.

Nice.

Dyot.

All convicted dopers should be not only be banned for life from competition but also banned from working within cycling and polluting yet another generation.

I think that's a big key.

Rudy Pevenage has to be one of the darkest people in cycling. He was a rider in the early 70's, and a private coach for Jan, some of T-Mob during their doping times, and how RR. He's about to release a book. What's he have to say, "doping was openly discussed back then". That's it??! That's it. The rest of the book I will take to be pure fiction. Werner Franke is suing Jan Ullrich and going after Rudy for "poisoning" Jan and other cyclists with terrible doping practices. The man is a scab and pariah to the sport, and yet, he is still allowed to coach. Strangely enough, he's not the only one!

Francesco Conconi, who more than anyone brought EPO into sports is not working directly in cycling, but strangely enough is still a professor at the University of Ferrara where he had his stable of doping doctors!

Carlos Santuccione was suspended from medical practice for supplying drugs to cyclists in 2000. He was reinstated, but banned for life in 2007 for his involvement in the Oil for Drugs scandal. Banned for life, that means he's done, right? Guess who Ricardo Ricco said supplied him with Micera in 2008?

Michele Ferrari has his own website and programs aimed at helping cyclists where you can contact him directly!

Luigi Cecchini (the guy Hamilton publicly thanked after winning the 2004 Olympic Gold) was later found to have been connected before this to Conconi and Ferrari. That didn't stop him from working with Fuentes on Operation Puerto.

Bjarne Riis did come clean, and implemented Damsgaard's anti-doping program at CSC, but Jasche said that Riis turned a blind eye to obvious doping during that time.

Who here thinks Johan Brunyeel has a clean background and staunch anti-doping stance?

Heck, even Eufemiano Fuentes is rumored to be working in the black market with athletes again.

We might as well bring back Willy Voet and Manolo Saiz!

Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
loser...

hamilton is out and the sport is better off with him gone.

a cyclist has a responsibility to seek help in a responsible and acceptable manner.

admitting that he knew his supplement contained a banned substance shows his lack of concern for the sport of cycling and it's rules. there are many paths he could have taken for the treatment of depression that are acceptable with the governing body of cycling. he chose to disregard those rules... the rules every cyclist agrees to accept and follow.

i have absolutely no sympathy for someone who had numerous other options and chose one of the worst possible. he had many other choices available to him and yet he chose the one with a known banned substance.

i love the sport of cycling. and i love when the cheaters are caught and thrown out. we should look at it as further weeding out of the cheats and a step in the right direction. with each loser that is caught and thrown out, we move a step closer.

it seems he did not consider the depression he might feel at being caught and made a laughing stock by all of us who love cycling... or the depression he might feel at being banned from the sport which brought him happiness. do we really care???

i personally just want him to go away forever.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
While I feel sorry for anyone suffering with depression, I can't say I feel any sympathy for the "victim" in this case. As far as I'm concerned, Hamilton's stupidity, resulting in this positive test, is simply the means to giving him the lifetime ban he SHOULD have gotten 4 years ago. He tested positive at the Vuelta and the Olympics in 2004, but due to a lab screw-up was able to keep his gold medal (who says gold doesn't tarnish?). What are the chances that his Olympic B sample would have tested negative? Pretty close to zilch, especially when he tested positive for the same thing a few weeks later. That's enough to convince me that he blood doped twice.

Two positive tests = lifetime ban. In this case it just took a few years for it to be put into effect.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Yeah, depression is not an excuse for stupidity. Too bad the gifted athlete chooses the wrong turn at the crossroads and succumb to the pressures of winning, and/or money.

Do some research on clinical depression and you will see that it is a REASON for a lot of irrational things people do. They are not 'stupid' but sick. If he is sick, he needs help because, with everything on his plate, it can be deadly.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
campycycling66 said:
hamilton is out and the sport is better off with him gone.

a cyclist has a responsibility to seek help in a responsible and acceptable manner.

admitting that he knew his supplement contained a banned substance shows his lack of concern for the sport of cycling and it's rules. there are many paths he could have taken for the treatment of depression that are acceptable with the governing body of cycling. he chose to disregard those rules... the rules every cyclist agrees to accept and follow.

i have absolutely no sympathy for someone who had numerous other options and chose one of the worst possible. he had many other choices available to him and yet he chose the one with a known banned substance.

i love the sport of cycling. and i love when the cheaters are caught and thrown out. we should look at it as further weeding out of the cheats and a step in the right direction. with each loser that is caught and thrown out, we move a step closer.

it seems he did not consider the depression he might feel at being caught and made a laughing stock by all of us who love cycling... or the depression he might feel at being banned from the sport which brought him happiness. do we really care???

i personally just want him to go away forever.

People that are clinically depressed don't do rational things, make rational choices. Racing a bike)or not) is a minor part of his biggest problem, if he is indeed sick. Do we really care? You 'should' since depression can be deadly. I care little about his lifetime ban. I worry for his survival. Doping for bicycle races should not be a death sentence. If he is sick, let's put this whole thing in perspective. Bike racing is minor, minor in comparison to his illness. My $.02, being involved with somebody that has been diagnosed as depressed.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Pietro said:
People that are clinically depressed don't do rational things, make rational choices. Racing a bike)or not) is a minor part of his biggest problem, if he is indeed sick. Do we really care? You 'should' since depression can be deadly. I care little about his lifetime ban. I worry for his survival. Doping for bicycle races should not be a death sentence. If he is sick, let's put this whole thing in perspective. Bike racing is minor, minor in comparison to his illness. My $.02, being involved with somebody that has been diagnosed as depressed.

I reckon if I took the cocktail that Ty took I have some servere comedowns. If really has depression & it's not just another smoke screen then it's self inflicted. The guy took more gear than a Columbian cargo train. He only has himself to blame.... well maybe Tugboat helped as well.

TRENDING THREADS