• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hamilton discusses ground rules of possibly giving evidence

fatandfast said:
Marion jones is set to talk..she knows about da Lance

Sour%2Bgrapes.jpg

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Kinda confused about your OP post - the article starts out with "A lawyer representing Lance Armstrong's former teammate Tyler Hamilton confirmed that he (the lawyer) is in discussions with federal prosecutors"

I cannot find anything in the article you linked to that says Hamilton has talked to investigators/been deposed, etc.

I would appreciate more info.

In memory of Jack Webb - "Just the facts, Ma'am".

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The source said investigators have been looking for bank records, tax records, wire transfers and any financial documentation, along with internal memos, to see who was making money and who might have been making potentially criminal decisions.

every day, a little more leaked.

no wonder pat has been so quiet

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:
Kinda confused about your OP post - the article starts out with "A lawyer representing Lance Armstrong's former teammate Tyler Hamilton confirmed that he (the lawyer) is in discussions with federal prosecutors"

I cannot find anything in the article you linked to that says Hamilton has talked to investigators/been deposed, etc.

Call up espn.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:

Perhaps you are intentionally neglecting to include this pertinent part of the quote:

..."work out ground rules and arrange a situation where Tyler can speak confidentially and give them the information they need."
emphasis added.

What is "the information"? Care to take a wild stab?

Why do "they" "need" it? Another wild stab, if you'd care to indulge me?

I think I can roll the dice and predict why he is undertaking such an exercise to work out ground rules.

1. Negotiate his own immunity in the direct evidence.

2. Establish the terms of confidentiality, so as to not jeopardize his Olympic gold medal.

3. Coordinate any proffer agreement with regard to other issues he might have, like taxes or related to Rock Racing.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
1. Negotiate his own immunity in the direct evidence..

Ok.

Colm.Murphy said:
2. Establish the terms of confidentiality, so as to not jeopardize his Olympic gold medal..

The guy is that nuts? The gold medal is a millstone around his neck. The sooner he gets rid of it the better.

Colm.Murphy said:
3. Coordinate any proffer agreement with regard to other issues he might have, like taxes or related to Rock Racing.

Yeah, maybe you're right on all three. If he doesn't just crumble and give them everything in exchange for immunity he's insane. How long can crumbling take?

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:

Sorry I don't have any more info. I'm just another internet user. I can only offer opinions, which are essentially worthless.

The headline is "Hamilton talking with investigators" but the body of the article reads more like "Hamilton is prepared to talk to the investigators, but they haven't come knocking yet".

Interested to what the "ground rules" are, immunity?

What do you guys think the "confidentially" bit pertains to? Wants to tell the truth (well his version of events) but not burn any remaining bridges? Keep his medal and his coaching business intact?

EDIT: Sorry guys, in the time it took to write this, there are two posts above mine that speculate on what I was about to ask.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
onefastgear said:
Sorry I don't have any more info. I'm just another internet user. I can only offer opinions, which are essentially worthless.

The headline is "Hamilton talking with investigators" but the body of the article reads more like "Hamilton is prepared to talk to the investigators, but they haven't come knocking yet".

Interested to what the "ground rules" are, immunity?

EDIT: Sorry guys, in the time it took to write this, there are two posts above mine that speculate on what I was about to ask.

What do you guys think the "confidentially" bit pertains to? Wants to tell the truth (well his version of events) but not burn any remaining bridges? Keep his business intact?

Tyler could be concerned with Pharmstrong's affair with Haven being revealed?

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
Perhaps you are intentionally neglecting to include this pertinent part of the quote:

..."work out ground rules and arrange a situation where Tyler can speak confidentially and give them the information they need."
emphasis added.

What is "the information"? Care to take a wild stab?

Why do "they" "need" it? Another wild stab, if you'd care to indulge me?

I think I can roll the dice and predict why he is undertaking such an exercise to work out ground rules.

1. Negotiate his own immunity in the direct evidence.

2. Establish the terms of confidentiality, so as to not jeopardize his Olympic gold medal.

Colm, all of these things may be happening now or happen in the future. My post concerned the issue that Hamilton, to the best of anyone's knowledge at this point, has not been interviewed/deposed. My post concerned the OP, which was titled "HAMILTON TALKS", which at this point has apparently not happened.

Sorry to repeat the following - In memory of Jack Webb - "Just the facts, Ma'am", but this threads title and supporting links appear to be at odds.

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
"Hamilton in May, he elected to reverse years of denial and admit that he had used performance-enhancing drugs throughout much of his career." Sort of Flandisesque?

"The only subpoena made public by its recipient thus far is the one served on three-time Tour de France winner and longtime Armstrong adversary Greg LeMond, who has been asked to produce documents related to his breach of contract case against the Trek Bicycle Corporation by July 30." This blows the "leaked" story that Greg was to testify about a supposed conversation between Greg and LA about his post cancer use of EPO.

So much of the article is from several "unnamed" Sources..... I wish that we could either hear from the people being deposed as to what they had to say or wait until charges are leveled.

Not taking sides but I always thought that America's justice system was predicated on presumed innocence. In this case we don't even know what the charges may be. We can guess but that's what it is... a guess.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:
Colm, all of these things may be happening now or happen in the future. My post concerned the issue that Hamilton, to the best of anyone's knowledge at this point, has not been interviewed/deposed. My post concerned the OP, which was titled "HAMILTON TALKS", which at this point has apparently not happened.

Sorry to repeat the following - In memory of Jack Webb - "Just the facts, Ma'am", but this threads title and supporting links appear to be at odds.

And yet you (and obviously OP) failed to address the important part of the news story.

Thoughts on my other comments?

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:
My post concerned the OP, which was titled "HAMILTON TALKS", which at this point has apparently not happened.

Apologies for the thread title, I did take it from the ESPN headline, but it is misleading. Mea culpa. I can't edit the title, mods - please step in. Thanks.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
New title: "Hamilton's Attys set the groundwork and Prepare for Hamilton to tell the truth and give they prosecutors what they need to nail Armstrong and his crew to the wall."

:)

Just my own comment as to how this should be titled. Maybe a bit long but I am not in the news business.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
And yet you (and obviously OP) failed to address the important part of the news story.

Thoughts on my other comments?

Colm, my thoughts/comments (or lack thereof) on your other comments basically revolve around my reluctance to take wild stabs at much of anything without sufficient background to feel comfortable with a prediction.

Regarding the Op's chagrin -

onefastgear said:
Apologies for the thread title, I did take it from the ESPN headline, but it is misleading. Mea culpa. I can't edit the title, mods - please step in. Thanks.

I have a lot of respect for Bonnie Ford, but have little respect for the ESPN editors. Bonnie is a reporter, and a good one. ESPN editors/management are salespersons. Don't beat yourself up.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Cal_Joe said:

This is the Clinic. If Jack Webb had come here then he would have cried himself to sleep.

Hamilton should slam Armstrong

TRENDING THREADS