• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hamilton the Songbird

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Awhile ago someone posted a thought that it was all over for LA if Hamilton sang to the grand jury. It seems Hamilton might do just that but then again I wonder if he admits to consistent doiping during his career will the UCI will strip his Liege-Bastogne -Leige wins ,the time trial medal and others from him?
Or will he justy admit to doping up to the day before LBL et al ? :D

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. Nobody ever came to Riis' house to pickup his yellow jersey -- despite his invitation.

For something like that to occur, the UCI would have to actually give a sh*t about doping.

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
NashbarShorts said:
Ditto. Nobody ever came to Riis' house to pickup his yellow jersey -- despite his invitation.

For something like that to occur, the UCI would have to actually give a sh*t about doping.

Riis didn't confess until after the 8 year statute of limitations had passed so they couldn't.

Notice how quiet Ullrich is being? If he waits two more years, then sings he will be beyond the statute of limitations too.

Hamilton needs to wait 4 years to sing if he wants to protect his Olympic gold.

FLandis hasn't had the official hearings into his confessed doping opened up yet, so he still has all his palmares except the previous doping conviction for the Tour, which he still refuses to admit that he took testosterone the night before or morning of his stage 17 romp.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:
Riis didn't confess until after the 8 year statute of limitations had passed so they couldn't.

Notice how quiet Ullrich is being? If he waits two more years, then sings he will be beyond the statute of limitations too.

Hamilton needs to wait 4 years to sing if he wants to protect his Olympic gold.

FLandis hasn't had the official hearings into his confessed doping opened up yet, so he still has all his palmares except the previous doping conviction for the Tour, which he still refuses to admit that he took testosterone the night before or morning of his stage 17 romp.
Hamilton's biggest risk would be his Gold medal.....But who are they going to hand it to, Eki? It wasn't like he was not on the same bus as Floyd getting a transfusion.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure Ullrich has won anything of importance since the his Gold Olympic medal in 2000, and probably doesn't care about them accordingly.

He's quiet for a lot of reasons but one probable reason is that he is a normal person getting on with life. I bet he is ****ing himself laughing at what's happening to LA/JB and the elucidation of all their lies.

Amnesty for all is not the answer as stated earlier. Amnesty for a few, a few who can seal the deal and add invaluable information to take 'the Hammer' (fraud charges) and 'nail' (LA) the case closed.

NW

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ullrich from all accounts doesnt give a toss and who can blame him he has made his money and is under no illusion that his success was gained riding against other doped individuals. The sad thing is that if everybody was clean Ullrich would probably have won 8 or 9 TDF.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
LKing25 said:
Ullrich from all accounts doesnt give a toss and who can blame him he has made his money and is under no illusion that his success was gained riding against other doped individuals. The sad thing is that if everybody was clean Ullrich would probably have won 8 or 9 TDF.

True!

For me, hoping for resolution of the past and a cleaner future, it places my evaluation of Ullrich at a crossroad. Should he sing like I hope the likes of Hamilton, Andreu, Livingstone, Zabriskie... do and set the record straight. Or, should Ulle just fade away into oblivion and more forward with his normal life. This USPS/LA/fed thing has nothing to do with him anymore. He's paid his dues, both emotionally and professionally losing fame, accolades and money. He's no saint but sure is a nice regular 'Joe'...and I like that; bias here no doubt.

NW

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I do not like the songbird routine nothing there for tyler except to make him look stupid. Same with Jan, I think he wants to get along. To be friends with the finks and rats. well you can have simeoni /flandis. Tyler I do not think is one of those. LeMond has a good pedestal to preach from though, as much as I dislike him I think he is pretty much true.

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
the Kasier

Hmm, just wondering if LA does get snared in the net. The Kaiser was 2nd, that mean he will get his yellow Jerseys? would you keep your distance too?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
LKing25 said:
The sad thing is that if everybody was clean Ullrich would probably have won 8 or 9 TDF.

You do realize Jan was doping more than Lance right?

And that if "everyone was clean" it would not be Pro Cycling but some weird Bizarro World Cycling?

If that were the case, I would pick some SkateBoarder Dude to win 8 or 9.

but getting back on topic....is Mr Novitzsky, the hard nosed prosecutor from the Balco Scandal, more interested in the PEDS Tyler used at Rock Racing or the Blood Tyler transfused while at Postal?

It looks like Mr Novitzsky was invovled in cycling because of Rock Racing, not Lance like many believed. Mr Novitzsky probably crapped his pants when he found out he had to or could investigate Lance also.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

And that if "everyone was clean" it would not be Pro Cycling but some weird Bizarro World Cycling?

but getting back on topic....is Mr Novitzsky, the hard nosed prosecutor from the Balco Scandal, more interested in the PEDS Tyler used at Rock Racing or the Blood Tyler transfused while at Postal?

It looks like Mr Novitzsky was invovled in cycling because of Rock Racing, not Lance like many believed. Mr Novitzsky probably crapped his pants when he found out he had to or could investigate Lance also.

These guys aren't stupid and could easily see how far back the involvement went. Rock Racing's profile made them an easy target for any kind of investigation with Ball's flamboyant financial and public image. You'd have to wonder if he wasn't involved is some kind of gray area behavior. I'm guessing he has tax and fraud issues for a starter and this opens the gates to Tyler and Floyd and whatever led them to their downfalls. They already appear to be victims so Novitsky can search for the true villains...the drug dealers and money launderers.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:

Get real Ullrich was a cycling prodigy from his teens, Jef Du Hont quotes in his book that Jan was a once in a lifetime talent and if it were not for doping he would have dominated cycling. Im under no illusion about Ullrich doping but for you to say he doped more than Lance then i say why did he lose by 6 minutes on average to him from 2000-05. Lance Armstrong killed cycling stone dead in 1999, following the Festina scandal they could have been a purge of doping and a new beginning instead he ushered in the law of silence and cast a long shadow over this sport to this very day. Armstrong apologists are the people who are holding this sport back and keeping it in the stone age.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
LKing25 said:
Get real Ullrich was a cycling prodigy from his teens, .

Maybe Jan was doping in his teens embedded in the East German Sports program?
The GDR Doping system was comparable to the Texas Doping TriGeek system?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Google "Rudy Pevenage", a Rock Racing DS and Jan's longtime coach.
Loads of links....

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2008/11/19/665333/rudy-pavenage-to-rock-raci
But that link is only re: Puerto which is 2006 so at best the Giro TT win and Tour of Swiss are tainted. A story recently here has him as saying T-Mobile stopped for a period after Festina but then started again when the results dropped. So it can go either way.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Maybe Jan was doping in his teens embedded in the East German Sports program?
The GDR Doping system was comparable to the Texas Doping TriGeek system?

Texas TriGeek? You mean Italian hematologist?

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
LKing25 said:
Get real Ullrich was a cycling prodigy from his teens, ..... Im under no illusion about Ullrich doping but for you to say he doped more than Lance then i say why did he lose by 6 minutes on average to him from 2000-05. Lance Armstrong killed cycling stone dead in 1999, following the Festina scandal they could have been a purge of doping and a new beginning instead he ushered in the law of silence and cast a long shadow over this sport to this very day. Armstrong apologists are the people who are holding this sport back and keeping it in the stone age.

Hugh J...I am sure if you email Willy and Rudy they will be able to provide you with plenty of info on the amount of juice Ullrich liked with his pie....more/as much/less?....are we really going to prove that here?

He was a teen prodigy....like others....and he also served his team leader, Mr 60% very ably in 97 at the tour....on that famously dope free German Team....but it was only in 99 that it all went really bad

....then i say why did he lose by 6 minutes on average to him from 2000-05....Well, you maybe under no allusion about his doping but, just maybe, you are about his notorious fondess for a bratwurst and and those party size beer jugs in the off season which just might have contributed

Lance Armstrong killed cycling stone dead in 1999....Armstrong apologists are the people who are holding this sport back and keeping it in the stone age.....Hey if it died in 99 what the a*rse have we all been watching since then?...LA didn't invent EPO or doping and didn't even revolutionise it's use....and if this is the stone age then I actually wonder if you own a TV

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Texas TriGeek? You mean Italian hematologist?

Lance was not working with Italian Hematologists or East German Sports Doctors as a teen. Jan had a "headstart" over Lance. Maybe Jan was a bad influence on Lance?

But back on topic. Having Rudy at Rock Racing was naughty I bet....

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Lance was not working with Italian Hematologists or East German Sports Doctors as a teen. Jan had a "headstart" over Lance. Maybe Jan was a bad influence on Lance?

But back on topic. Having Rudy at Rock Racing was naughty I bet....

He was working with Rick "Blood spinners" Crawford and Chris "Extract of Cortisone" Comical as a teen.

Please explain how this headstart thing works when Lance was already a Pro for 3 years while Jan was riding on a U23 team? Tell us about these special east German wonder drugs that work 5 years after you take them.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:

What is 'more doping'? You are either following the rules or not. This is binary. You can't say Ullrich is worse than Lance or vice versa. You could try to work out who had a more pernicious long term influence on the sport and the culture of omerta, but I wouldn't bother.

Neworld said:
I'm not sure Ullrich has won anything of importance since the his Gold Olympic medal in 2000, and probably doesn't care about them accordingly.

He's quiet for a lot of reasons but one probable reason is that he is a normal person getting on with life. I bet he is ****ing himself laughing at what's happening to LA/JB and the elucidation of all their lies.

According to a friend of Ullrich's on another forum, Ullrich is writing a book.

TRENDING THREADS