• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Happy Birthday, Eddie B.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Best wishes from the Eastern USA, Sir!

I will eat ham on the bike in celebration, with jelly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Borysewicz
51CY5NKG6SL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Great guy!!

I remember in the mid 80's I was at a junior camp. We were in a classroom session and I got up my nerve and asked Eddie B..."how do I get onto the National team?" I was like 13-14 at the time...he looked at me and in his best eastern European hardman attitude said "ride fast". He intimidated the hell out of me...but he was a great guy.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Chain Length EddieB style

One tip that I learned from Eddie B long ago that I still use to this day - "always install your chain at the longest possible length".

The longest length gives the least resistance as it dances through the gears per Eddie. Especially useful on 190 mile races such as Milan-SanRemo and on endurance events like a 600km Brevet.

An easy way to install a chain in this manner is to put the new chain on the smallest chainring and the smallest cog - and connect it so you are just barely starting to put tension into the rear derailleur. Voilà.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
one of wackiest tt tips i ever heard from any coach was eddy b's 'rest one leg' suggestion whilst cycling. may be he was right but i never found it working for me.

speaking of tting, the spartakus if i am not mistaken is also a bd boy today.

oh and the showergate is also 1 yo today too. happy anniversary, lance ;)

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
seems wacky, but...

i have actually tried 'resting one leg' and i did quite well in tt.
problem is that one doesn't know if that was the reason, but i am still resting one leg, especially during long tt.
Happy Birthday Edward!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
python said:
one of wackiest tt tips i ever heard from any coach was eddy b's 'rest one leg' suggestion whilst cycling. may be he was right but i never found it working for me.

speaking of tting, the spartakus if i am not mistaken is also a bd boy today.

oh and the showergate is also 1 yo today too. happy anniversary, lance ;)

The rest one leg thing never worked for me. I was never a time trial beast...so that is no surprise...