• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hardest riders in the peloton today?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Oh come on. He's the softest around.

In my eyes, he´s hard. Don´t forget, he has been showing top results in the real hard men´s races for many years now, and he always makes it look so easy. That, in fact, shows how hard he really is.

Returning to racing just few days after breaking his collarbone in spring 2012 shows that he also is mentally hard.

In the finale of San Remo 2013, who wore short bibs? Pippo.

He also can stand all kinds of conditions, cold, hot, wet, dry, good tarmac, bad cobbles.

RHRH19861986 said:
In my eyes, he´s hard. Don´t forget, he has been showing top results in the real hard men´s races for many years now, and he always makes it look so easy. That, in fact, shows how hard he really is.

Returning to racing just few days after breaking his collarbone in spring 2012 shows that he also is mentally hard.

In the finale of San Remo 2013, who wore short bibs? Pippo.

He also can stand all kinds of conditions, cold, hot, wet, dry, good tarmac, bad cobbles.

Fair enough.
I guess listening to his interviews in italian could change your perspective.
He's called The Prince for a reason.

PCutter said:
Svein Tuft - he rode from Alaska to Langley (Canada) with his dog in a trailer behind. I also remember some story of him riding down the west coast of USA to get to a training camp and living Bear Grills style out in the wilderness.

You know I tested with Svein back when he'd been racing a bike for about 8 months. His clean numbers are ***. I always thought he was going to be a big classics star. Really never got why he didn't break through.

reet 'ard

is there any place in the peloton for anyone that was not tough?

watching races all riders appear to get straight back on after crashes

how would one measure toughness anyway? or was the op really just trolling

hoping that the thread will become another 'lets bash team sky/wiggo

thread'....................surely not!

Mark L

once i crashed fracturing my pelvis............after pulling myself together
i remounted.............but i'm the worlds softest

Vino! _O_

Albi 2007:
80961_256.jpg

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
PCutter said:
Svein Tuft - he rode from Alaska to Langley (Canada) with his dog in a trailer behind. I also remember some story of him riding down the west coast of USA to get to a training camp and living Bear Grills style out in the wilderness.

And at TA last year rode solo on the front for 200k driving the peloton...Cav's tweet on it

"Ride of the day.. No, make that ride of the millennium, goes to GreenEDGE’s Svein Tuft. 200km ALONE controlling the peloton! Respect"

We have a winner

karlboss said:
Another vote for hansen, broke his collar bone in the 2010 tour stage 1 with over 100km to go, still rode on front of the peloton to chase back the break, though didn't finish in the bunch, finished 3 minutes down then withdrew over night when xrays confirmed the break

Well... he did get pretty, erhm, motivated by Brian Holm!

"Er muss!"