He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 294 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
He raced Mallorca and Valencia. His off season was fine, typically of him. He started off fine in Mallorca with a podium. Valencia started off ok with a 2nd on the end stage and then it fell apart on Saturday where he finished over a minute back. He and the team have literally not said anything other strictly race reports...
Thanks for the detailed reply! Totally hear you about withering interest... Valverde is the one compelling rider for me - otherwise I'm spending my time as a sports fan following my local ice hockey team, the Penguins (in NHL).

Reactions: Koronin
Thanks for the detailed reply! Totally hear you about withering interest... Valverde is the one compelling rider for me - otherwise I'm spending my time as a sports fan following my local ice hockey team, the Penguins (in NHL).
You're welcome. Tried to answer all your questions the best I could. I've been a fan of Valverde's since I first saw him race back in 2005.
Nice to meet another Penguin fan. I grew up watching Mario (on TV and in person). Just don't live up there anymore. Was lucky to be able to take my husband to a game before Mario retired the 2nd time. In a strange way for me Mario and Alejandro will always be linked. I was 8 when Mario started his playing career and he was my first sports hero and first favorite player in any sport. For me he's the greatest hockey player I ever saw play on TV and in person (the Canadien players of their great teams are before my time to have seen). Alejandro my first favorite cyclist and for me the best I've seen on TV and in person. The big difference is when Mario retired (the first and second times) it wasn't hard to keep watching, but when tons of games are easily available to watch it helps. Also makes it easier to find new favorite players. (Currently Malkin.)

Reactions: joe_papp

ASK THE COMMUNITY