• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Flamin said:
According to Spanish media, Valverde wants to have another go at a Tour podium. Surely he will ride for himself the first week, then it will be interesting to see to what extent he's prepared to commit himself to Nairito.
Ridiculous. I really don't get why he doesn't just focus on the Ardennes and then do a mega-peak for the Vuelta. When he couldn't even beat the two Frenchies this year (even before the ITT), no way in hell he will podium next year.

Angliru said:
Valverde has been doing it consistently throughout his career. Cunego did it for a stretch of what 4-5 early years only become a shadow of his former self.
That is an advantage for Cunego. Just like it's much better to win two GTs in the same season than one GT per season for two years, it's also much better to win a GT and a monument in the same season than it is to do so over several seasons.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, you'll hear the mods now. :p

Calling Netserk Xenophobic because he used the term Frenchies is kinda ridiculous IMO. I don't believe he means it in an insulting way at all. So I don't think he should be accused of xenophobia.

cineteq said:
Ridiculous for calling him out? Are you a Xenophobic too I assume? Knock it off kid, stop trolling.

Btw, where are the mods when you need them?...all I hear is crickets... :eek:

Look, here's the thing. Netserk's comment is in no way xenofobic. He refers to Peraud and Pinot as "frenchies", cause they're french. He probably meant that Pinot and Peraud aren't all that great, which is just his opinion, which I happen to agree with. All you do around here is nitpicking everyone's words in order to find something you whine about. You take everything out of context to suit your agenda and constantly call people troll (and now xenofobic) and start whining and feeling sorry for yourself if the mods don't agree with you.

I'm not xenofobic, I don't hate people cause of the country they're from. I hate people who act stupid, which you've been constantly doing on this forum ever since Nibali won the Tour. If its your personal mission to detoriate this forum all by yourself, congratiolations, you ****ing nailed it

Netserk said:
Ridiculous. I really don't get why he doesn't just focus on the Ardennes and then do a mega-peak for the Vuelta. When he couldn't even beat the two Frenchies this year (even before the ITT), no way in hell he will podium next year.

Whether he does the Tour or not, it doesn't matter to him, he will be on the top of his game in the Vuelta anyway, so why not :eek:

And a possible Nairito-Piti-rivalry should be fun.

LaFlorecita said:

Based on his record, he is no doubt in the conversation. He and Friere are at the top of classics when it comes to Spaniards and with that, his Vuelta win, single week stage race successes and multiple podiums, it's not surprising that he thinks
he deserves consideration. He's definitely the most versatile when it comes to the different types of races that he can seriously contend.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
burning said:
If you consider pre-Puerto Valverde (especially 2008-2009), I think that he was the best rider in that period. Sadly, he is not even close to that level after Puerto. :(
thats not true, he is at that level...first think,then talk.

About Alejandro's claim:

1-) Is the off season time when everyone is allowed to speculate & say lots of rubbish out of boredom :D
2-) Alejandro's statement only shows how self confident & narcissistic he is:p
3-) Looking carefully all Alejandro's achievements, there is no doubt he's top 3, but leaving aside any bias & taking everything in account, then Valverde's palmares is "slightly better than Purito's as far as GT podiums, Classics, week stage races, etc.
4-) I will be extremely disappointed if his obsession with the TDF podium ruins Nairito's 1st TDF victory :mad:

TRENDING THREADS