• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Hey, is there any realistic chance that Bala can take the points jersey from Rodriguez today? I mean...they give points for the final stage, right?

Overall classification individual by points
Total distance covered: 3259.3 KM
RANK RIDER RIDER NO. TEAM POINTS

1. RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin 181 TEAM KATUSHA 116 pts
2. VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro 121 MOVISTAR TEAM 114 pts
3. CHAVES RUBIO Johan Esteban 141 ORICA GreenEDGE 108 pts

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Arredondo said:
Valverde will get it. But Purito will not give a ****.

Who cares about a points jersey?

Pretty cool to podium one GT and win the points jersey in another in the same season.

Yeah, but with Bala 2 points behind, you know it's mission impossible.

But i rather finish 2nd with the white jersey then 7th with a points jersey ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:
Valverde will get it. But Purito will not give a ****.

Who cares about a points jersey?

If all those intermediate points finishes were in the last km i'm sure he would care but too far away! Too risky, just imagine he loses his podium cause of it!

Re:

jaylew said:
Yes, Bala just took Green with max points at the intermediate sprint.
Yay.

Just another example of the guy's amazing consistency, especially given what else he's achieved this season. Podium in the Tour and points classification + stage in Vuelta and top-10 overall (plus his amazing spring) is great. Really impressive how he races to win all year long - I know we've said that before, but it's just cool. He's truly the Spanish version of Kelly but w/ better bike-fit.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

joe_papp said:
jaylew said:
Yay.

Just another example of the guy's amazing consistency, especially given what else he's achieved this season. Podium in the Tour and points classification + stage in Vuelta and top-10 overall (plus his amazing spring) is great. Really impressive how he races to win all year long - I know we've said that before, but it's just cool. He's truly the Spanish version of Kelly but w/ better bike-fit.

Kelly won all monuments bar Flanders. And Paris-Nice 7 times, for example ;)

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Arredondo said:
joe_papp said:
jaylew said:
Yay.

Kelly won all monuments bar Flanders. And Paris-Nice 7 times, for example ;)

Kelly is of course greater rider, no one denied that, but Valverde is similar to him for producing in nearly every race and all year long. Kelly is better in one-day races and better TT-ist, better sprinter also, but Valverde is stronger GT rider and better climber.

P.S. You post pretty much in this thread considering you don't like the guy ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

joe_papp said:
jaylew said:
Yay.

He was trying to win this vuelta? Must have seen a different race.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Miburo said:
joe_papp said:
jaylew said:
Yay.

He was trying to win this vuelta? Must have seen a different race.

You often see a different race..

joe_papp said:
Bala at 20/1 for World's:

http://www.skybet.com/cycling/road-world-championships/event/18305610

Kristoff: 11/2
Sagan: 13/2
etc...

Hmmm...

“I hope to be ready for the worlds,” Valverde said. “I am tired from a long season, and that’s one reason why I wasn’t up to the top level at the Vuelta. The worlds are important, and with Spain, we always bring a competitive team.”
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/09/news/valverde-from-the-vuelta-to-worlds_385127#iDQR6ud4yzQX7BVT.99

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Moviestar said:
joe_papp said:
Bala at 20/1 for World's:

http://www.skybet.com/cycling/road-world-championships/event/18305610

Kristoff: 11/2
Sagan: 13/2
etc...

Hmmm...

“I hope to be ready for the worlds,” Valverde said. “I am tired from a long season, and that’s one reason why I wasn’t up to the top level at the Vuelta. The worlds are important, and with Spain, we always bring a competitive team.”
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/09/news/valverde-from-the-vuelta-to-worlds_385127#iDQR6ud4yzQX7BVT.99

Talking about a long season. Just look at his stats. Almost 14,000Km and 85 race days and the season is not over yet. It's by far his longest season ever.

Tukmvwg.jpg

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Could have consequences for next season.

If Bala is really tired, he should rest as soon as possible. So doing the Dubai Tour is not a wise thing. But there's no way back any more.

TRENDING THREADS