• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 97 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
What was the bet exactly?
If Valverde wins the Giro, I wear an avatar with Lefevere of your choice for 7 weeks.

If Valverde doesn't win the Giro, you wear an avatar with Mollema or Ten Dam covered in spit for 1 week.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Mr.White said:
yaco said:
Mr.White said:
Valverde don't like very cold weather and heavy rain, and he is not at his best in these conditions. Anything else, he's fine

Yeah - Never been cold weather or rain at the Ardennes Classics.

Yeah they were in Liege this year, and you saw how Valverde did in that race. He said numerous times that he's not at his best at really cold weather

The temperature struggles to get above 10 to 12c in the Ardennes - That is cold weather.

Oh my God, You're hopeless.. :(

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Ugh.

I don't think it was good today. He didn't gain time on Landa, I thought he would've gained 2 today. I really can't see him distancing Landa uphill, but its good that many stages finish downhill and have some spicy hills in the end.

It was a good day.Landa was the surprise.That's it.He's still up there and if Nibali or Landa will not deliver he will be ready to strike.

DBotero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ugh.

I don't think it was good today. He didn't gain time on Landa, I thought he would've gained 2 today. I really can't see him distancing Landa uphill, but its good that many stages finish downhill and have some spicy hills in the end.

It was a good day.Landa was the surprise.That's it.He's still up there and if Nibali or Landa will not deliver he will be ready to strike.

I say average then.

I may be super biased, but I had Valverde as my favourite to overtake the jersey today and thrash Landa. Guess I'll have to lower my expectations :D

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
DBotero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ugh.

I say average then.

I may be super biased, but I had Valverde as my favourite to overtake the jersey today and thrash Landa. Guess I'll have to lower my expectations :D

You are even more biased then me concerning Purito :D ;)

Valv.Piti said:
DBotero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ugh.

I say average then.

That is correct. :eek: Landa did surprisingly well, but losing only little time to Nibali is the story. And actually gaining time on a lot of others, especially Zakarin, who once again proves even Michael Rasmussen can handle his bike better in ITTs. :D

Arredondo said:
Valv.Piti said:
DBotero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ugh.

I say average then.

Hmm. Considering Quintana is crawling closer and closer in terms of my favourite riders, I still think your Purito-bias is at least on my levels. :D

Arredondo said:
Valv.Piti said:
DBotero said:
Valv.Piti said:
Ugh.

I say average then.

You wish ;) :D

Favourite for tomorrow, but as I've stated many times, Movistar is a conservative team and probably won't chase. They should send Visco and Betancur up the road for stage honours/help later because this is a super intriguing stage for Valverde, one that really suits him really well. Classic-esque terrain with a hard 1-2 punch in the finale, perfect for him.

These are the ambush stages he needs. He tried very hard on stage 8, without too much luck, but he needs go gain time on Landa!

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Mr.White said:
Arredondo said:
He needs to go full genius on friday.

Nibali is breakable at the moment.

I think MTT will be crucial. Gaps will be made there, and there's no hiding, strongest climber will emerge
Nope, I don't expect big gaps, only if someone cracks on stage 14, otherwise the gaps between the best should be pretty small.

Mayomaniac said:
Mr.White said:
Arredondo said:
He needs to go full genius on friday.

Nibali is breakable at the moment.

I think MTT will be crucial. Gaps will be made there, and there's no hiding, strongest climber will emerge
Nope, I don't expect big gaps, only if someone cracks on stage 14, otherwise the gaps between the best should be pretty small.
Nibali put almost 1' on Samu in 2013 over 19kms. Contador put around 45" on Nibali in 2011 over 12kms. If there is a dominant climber, he might put half a minute on the second best.

Valv.Piti said:
Taxus4a said:
Acording what he said, he must be upset with Visconti.

What did he say?

Really fricking gutted for Landa, but nothing bad rarely happens without any positives I guess! Valverde has real chances of winning the Giro now. I would be hugely disappointed by anything less than a podium now.
He said the strategy of the team yesterday could have been better but he didnt explain more, he said these are team internal things.

TRENDING THREADS