• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
KyoGrey said:
Some serious talent on display here:

1468957730_242467_1468957790_sumario_grande.jpg

Is that photo shopped?????

If not I'm in Love :razz:

Balding or not, I wouldn't say he's bad looking though. He has a certain Joe Cool look with his scruffy beard. But he's not as cool as Super Mario, and never will be. That naked photo was shot in a studio against a green screen, the background is fake.

Would like to see him win a stage though. One of the few aggressive GC riders left in the race (or racing today).

DBotero said:
Pointless attacks today ending up losing more time in the GC for a leader who was having a bad day :eek:
The attack wasn't pointless. It worked to an extent, shelling Henao, and how was he to know how Poels and Nieve would respond without testing them?

Quintana probably didn't feel great but doesn't care about the podium - he's prepared to gamble that Froome was feeling even worse than him and try to open up the race. Obviously though Froome was as strong as ever. Reminds me of Contador's recent toils in the TdF a bit.

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Balding or not, I wouldn't say he's bad looking though. He has a certain Joe Cool look with his scruffy beard. But he's not as cool as Super Mario, and never will be. That naked photo was shot in a studio against a green screen, the background is fake.

Would like to see him win a stage though. One of the few aggressive GC riders left in the race (or racing today).

Apparently, he is quite popular within women and has been linked with multiple affairs. He also has various children with different woman and was sentenced to pay for the maintainance of some of them.

Having said that, I'm not an expert in his personal like, some people of the spanish forum will probably know better than me.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Valverde is just tired. I can see him dropping out of the top-10 at the end of the race. Especially if Movistar sacrifies him for a possible Quintana stage win.

He has to think about Río now. No point in riding himself to the limit for a dropping Quintana at the end.

DFA123 said:
DBotero said:
Pointless attacks today ending up losing more time in the GC for a leader who was having a bad day :eek:
The attack wasn't pointless. It worked to an extent, shelling Henao, and how was he to know how Poels and Nieve would respond without testing them?

Quintana probably didn't feel great but doesn't care about the podium - he's prepared to gamble that Froome was feeling even worse than him and try to open up the race. Obviously though Froome was as strong as ever. Reminds me of Contador's recent toils in the TdF a bit.

It was.Quintana was looking really bad and he was lucky that they attacked so late on the climb.No point in burring Valverde for nothing.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

KyoGrey said:
Alpe d'Huez said:

Apparently, he is quite popular within women and has been linked with multiple affairs. He also has various children with different woman and was sentenced to pay for the maintainance of some of them.

Having said that, I'm not an expert in his personal like, some people of the spanish forum will probably know better than me.

Who? Valverde?

Arredondo said:
KyoGrey said:
Alpe d'Huez said:

Who? Valverde?

Yes

DBotero said:
DFA123 said:
DBotero said:

It was.Quintana was looking really bad and he was lucky that they attacked so late on the climb.No point in burring Valverde for nothing.
Well it was now or never really. If Valverde is being used a domestique - which he clearly was by burning himself out - today was the stage to make a decisive move. Quintana gambled that - even though he wasn't great - Froome could have been worse. It was a noble and courageous effort by Movistar - potentially sacrificing a podium to go for a long shot at the overall - so I think we can commend them for that.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Valverde is rich, of course there are many women that like him. Money and fame make a lot of things easier. He looks quite stupid with his helm off. The same goes for Boonen, hair makes a lot of difference sometimes lol.

KyoGrey said:
Arredondo said:
KyoGrey said:
Alpe d'Huez said:

Who? Valverde?

Yes

Well, you exaggerate a bit. He has been married ''just'' twice. First time with a Spanish journalist from TVE some time ago, Angela, with whom he has a twin, now he is settled for some time with Natalia with whom he also has two kids. Don't believe everything you read or hear ;)

Re:

El Pistolero said:
Valverde is rich, of course there are many women that like him. Money and fame make a lot of things easier. He looks quite stupid with his helm off. The same goes for Boonen, hair makes a lot of difference sometimes lol.

Speaking as a women Bala was quite Hot in his younger days. Real bedroom eyes :). He is still quite attractive despite the hair loss. Fame and money has absolutely nothing to do with it..... Just my female opinion :).

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
Fairly certain that Valverde will ride the Giro next year and Quintana the TDF.

100th Giro should attract a cracking field.

hopefully froome, that would make the tour finally a lot more interesting when he´s tired.

Carols said:
El Pistolero said:

Speaking as a women Bala was quite Hot in his younger days. Real bedroom eyes :). He is still quite attractive despite the hair loss. Fame and money has absolutely nothing to do with it..... Just my female opinion :).

My gf finds him attractive as well, even though I completely disagree with her.

But based on scientific evidence, he's really attractive in 2008 :p

BQ28huC.jpg

Reactions: maddierules

TRENDING THREADS