• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
El Pistolero said:
Valverde is rich, of course there are many women that like him. Money and fame make a lot of things easier. He looks quite stupid with his helm off. The same goes for Boonen, hair makes a lot of difference sometimes lol.

Speaking as a women Bala was quite Hot in his younger days. Real bedroom eyes :). He is still quite attractive despite the hair loss. Fame and money has absolutely nothing to do with it..... Just my female opinion :).

Full on agree, Carols. Valverde still has it, in my female opinion. It's his verve and stamina :surprised:

jalep said:
Carols said:
El Pistolero said:
Valverde is rich, of course there are many women that like him. Money and fame make a lot of things easier. He looks quite stupid with his helm off. The same goes for Boonen, hair makes a lot of difference sometimes lol.

Speaking as a women Bala was quite Hot in his younger days. Real bedroom eyes :). He is still quite attractive despite the hair loss. Fame and money has absolutely nothing to do with it..... Just my female opinion :).

Full on agree, Carols. Valverde still has it, in my female opinion. It's his verve and stamina :surprised:

Yeah, and he delivers top performances all-year round. :p

Now being serious, he is quite a talkative guy also. Not sure about his Murcian accent, some women may love it, others not so much.

P.D: I'm a man. Just to be clear.

P.D 2: Maybe it's the time to think about trying to win one of the 2 stages left. Although that may be extremely difficult as it would involve losing time in the Mont-Blanc stage to win from the breakaway in Morzine, or directly winning from the GC group...

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Arredondo said:
El Pistolero said:
You call that attacking? You must be easy to please.

This. Can't understand all the buzz about it.

People even state he lost 2 minutes because he 'attacked'. Come on. :eek:

Still better than almost every other GC guy...also he is not attacking to break away, but to disrupt sky train for Nairo. He is acually doing pretty good job for Nairo. I was hoping that Valverde will be losing much more time and preparing for Olympic Games.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Sartorius said:
Arredondo said:
El Pistolero said:

Still better than almost every other GC guy...also he is not attacking to break away, but to disrupt sky train for Nairo. He is acually doing pretty good job for Nairo. I was hoping that Valverde will be losing much more time and preparing for Olympic Games.

Did he disrupt the Sky train yesterday? He dropped Henao, but Nieve and Poels reeled him back with ease. Sky still had those two climbers for the last 3 km. That's more than enough.

He tries, but he didn't disrupt the Sky train at all. No rider can do that this Tour :(

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
El Pistolero said:

The most likely is he felt that he didn't have it and he might as well have tried a few digs to clean up the Skyborgs at the front

Too bad it didn't worked out. The problem is Valverde and Quintana are hardly better then Poels and Nieve. Poels actually is way stronger the last days.

Arredondo said:
Sartorius said:
Arredondo said:
El Pistolero said:

Did he disrupt the Sky train yesterday? He dropped Henao, but Nieve and Poels reeled him back with ease. Sky still had those two climbers for the last 3 km. That's more than enough.

He tries, but he didn't disrupt the Sky train at all. No rider can do that this Tour :(
Surely that's down to the dominance of the Sky train. He's attacked more than any other GC rider, but no-one has had the power to really inconvenience Sky. That's why the mountains have been so dull.

Despite attacking on most mountain stages, Valverde is still ahead of high quality riders like Van Garderen, Purito and Kreuziger in the GC - none of whom have put their nose in the wind for a second all race - apart from when they've been dropped. Just shows how hard it is to do anything against Sky.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

DFA123 said:
Arredondo said:
Sartorius said:
Arredondo said:
El Pistolero said:

Surely that's down to the dominance of the Sky train. He's attacked more than any other GC rider, but no-one has had the power to really inconvenience Sky. That's why the mountains have been so dull.

Despite attacking on most mountain stages, Valverde is still ahead of high quality riders like Van Garderen, Purito and Kreuziger in the GC - none of whom have put their nose in the wind for a second all race - apart from when they've been dropped. Just shows how hard it is to do anything against Sky.

Indeed, Sky is too strong, and the competition is not at his best.

But Van Garderen shows he's too limited too do something against Sky anyway. Kreuziger the same. Purito is a bit better then Valverde uphill, but lost time in the echelon stage and the ITT. But he's too old anyway to be a serious treat to Froome and friends.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
He's tired.., it would be much better if he kept his original plan to lose time and go for the stages. This way he tired himself and he might end up not so good for Rio. I don't know who's idea was to keep him high in GC for so long, but it was a bad one...

Re:

Mr.White said:
He's tired.., it would be much better if he kept his original plan to lose time and go for the stages. This way he tired himself and he might end up not so good for Rio. I don't know who's idea was to keep him high in GC for so long, but it was a bad one...

Whose idea it was? I think it ultimately was Valverde's on second thoughts. World of difference between him and Nibali, but it can really bite him now. Nibali will be a monster in Rio, no doubts.

Angliru said:
DBotero said:
Pointless attacks today ending up losing more time in the GC for a leader who was having a bad day :eek:

If they don't attack, they're called "cowards". When they do and fail, the attacks are "pointless". Just can't win with some of you characters. :(

Lol i don't think i ever used the word"coward"versus a cyclist ever.Maybe check your facts before accuse me.
WTF "some of you characters" is suppose to mean :confused:

DBotero said:
Angliru said:
DBotero said:
Pointless attacks today ending up losing more time in the GC for a leader who was having a bad day :eek:

If they don't attack, they're called "cowards". When they do and fail, the attacks are "pointless". Just can't win with some of you characters. :(

Lol i don't think i ever used the word"coward"versus a cyclist ever.Maybe check your facts before accuse me.
WTF "some of you characters" is suppose to mean :confused:

My apologies. My rant wasn't meant for you in particular but just the general vibe in the forum of complaining about riders not attacking and then criticizing them when they do. I probably should've worded it differently. Your post was just the catalyst.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
From the TJVG thread:
fantomas said:
Bjarne Riis just told on Danish TV, that in 2013, during TdF, he was sitting next to TJ on the plane from Corsica to Nice, and TJ was drinking a beer.

The Cycling Podcast said that after today's stage the Movistar press officer bought Valverde a can(s?) of Heineken. Job done?

Drinking beer isn't that unusual during racing, Sagan has drank a couple of beers this Tour, so did Geschke and Cancellara. They have bottles of beer ready for doping controls even, if the rider can't take a piss.

El Pistolero said:
TMP402 said:
From the TJVG thread:
fantomas said:
Bjarne Riis just told on Danish TV, that in 2013, during TdF, he was sitting next to TJ on the plane from Corsica to Nice, and TJ was drinking a beer.

The Cycling Podcast said that after today's stage the Movistar press officer bought Valverde a can(s?) of Heineken. Job done?

Drinking beer isn't that unusual during racing, Sagan has drank a couple of beers this Tour, so did Geschke and Cancellara. They have bottles of beer ready for doping controls even, if the rider can't take a piss.

I wonder if Sky drink any beer during the Tour. I doubt it.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

TMP402 said:
El Pistolero said:
TMP402 said:
From the TJVG thread:
fantomas said:

I wonder if Sky drink any beer during the Tour. I doubt it.

Froome tweeted he was jealous of Geschke drinking beer. But most GC riders wouldn't drink beer during the Tour. It's a bit different for riders like Sagan who can rest in the grupetto on certain days.

Re:

TMP402 said:
From the TJVG thread:
fantomas said:

Didn't seem to hamper him too much. His best performance in the mountains so far, keeps delivering. Who would fade Arredondo? :p

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
TMP402 said:
From the TJVG thread:
fantomas said:

Didn't seem to hamper him too much. His best performance in the mountains so far, keeps delivering. Who would fade Arredondo? :p

Haha. I was wrong then. He's a bit jo-joing this Tour. But it looks the weather favours him, just as with Purito.

Now i have my hope on Mollema dropping out of the top-10 ;)

TRENDING THREADS