• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 311 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
They just have to go write on all the roads and set stuff up before hand, especially in Spanish races.

Just about everything he's racing is in Spain. It appears the Ardennes and Olympics are literally the only races he's racing outside of his home country.

By the time Vuelta comes around enough people should be vaccinated so there can be spectators allowed, don’t you think?

Hopefully, but what about the end of May when his home race has been rescheduled?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I have to say I am a little shaken that Koronin has not reported that Valverde got his season debut today in Almería. Luckily he came through unscathed. Quite a stupid race to ride for a guy like him. The Spanish Scheldeprijs.

This is more or less why. Although somewhere in some thread I did say something about him starting his season at this race. I guess because everything else for this month in Spain has been postponed he decided to start this one. Otherwise I have no clue why he was in this race. Should have been basically what should be the flat/cobbled classics team. From what I've gathered it was just to get racing KMs.

Reactions: Sandisfan
This is a picture Filippo Ganna posted on his instagram page.

EvAM4sgXEAcwb49

This is the english of what he posted:

Thanks to lucabettini87 for the photo with alejandvalverde Gracias bala100

Ps. I was 5 years old and he was already on the podium at the world championships!

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLrYgPcBb_H/