• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 323 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Some really nice words from Tao Geoghegan Hart:
"Chapeau to him, he’s pure class in the bunch. To be honest, I think you’d be very hard pressed to find a rider who doesn’t see that class in how he moves around the bunch, how he treats others, how he respects people in the race".
And also Michael Rasmussen posted on twitter that Valverde is by far the best rider of this millennium.
Koronin will stop at nothing to hack into twitter accounts in order to make her case.

Should go on stage hunting in the Tour. And it has to be mountain stages.

I don't think he can win uphill or reduced bunch sprints with Roglic, Ala, WVA and VDP in the race.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Alaphilippe and VDP pulled out of the Olympics RR specifically because they know they can't beat Valverde in a reduced bunch sprint. VDP even felt he had no choice but to compete in a completely different discipline.

Classic yaco comment

But yeah, Rasmussen is indeed a big Valverde-fanboy, and so is a lot of riders in the peloton despite his past. Thats a reason why I like Rasmussen even more!

My post was in reference to Koronin's posting earlier this year that Valverde would only ride a Spanish calendar - I wouldn't expect you to understand the subtleties of my post.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He could have raced it though, as he did the Puertos de Guadarrama 1 week before the Vuelta and was in good enough form to finish 2nd in the Worlds 1 week after.

Or maybe there were some issues that were discovered pre Vuelta? I don't remember

There were some news reports stating that he would skip the Vuelta due to still having problems with his knees.

TRENDING THREADS