• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Highlights 2012 season

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Due to the unfortunate season brake of cycling I decided to make a little video compilation of what I consider to be the road cycling highlights of 2012. I could not add photage from the olympic games because of copyright issues. The video is made with a free program named VideoSpirit Pro, so therefore it's a quite annoying watermark in the middle of the video. Im sorry for that.

Here is the video, if you have some tips regarding editing or you just feel that I lacked some central clips, feel free to tell me! Hope you liked these highlights, took a while to find and edit together. :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Good work.

I can only add that if you added subtext on the race or stage the rider was winning, not speeding up some of those clips (makes it look funky). Also, any particular order you choose for it? Not that there has to be an order just wondering on your choice that's all.

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Good work.

I can only add that if you added subtext on the race or stage the rider was winning, not speeding up some of those clips (makes it look funky). Also, any particular order you choose for it? Not that there has to be an order just wondering on your choice that's all.

Thank you!

Yes, adding a subtext would probably be a good idea, I can also see how the speeding up was a bit overdone, I mainly sat down to learn the program and got a bit carried away, hehe! Well, I wanted to structured the video in a way that the GTs played a big role, so therefore I gathered them together throug out the last song. When it comes to the first song, I just added my favourite moments in an order that would make the video more interesting. In retrospect, I might feel that the Iglinsky part and the Paris-Roubaix video featuring Boonen either shouldn't come after each other, or be shortened.