• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hilly TT of 40 km: Contador or Froome?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Hilly TT of 40 km - Contador or Froome, who is better?

• don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miburo said:
I guess it's stupid to vote on a guy who beated Canc in a TT and absolutely dominated the TT's in the pais basque. And on a bad shape, not really motivated was 3th in tour'11 TT behind evans/martin who were 100% and really motivated.

Yeah it's really *** ;)

I wouldn't hang my hat on his prior TT's at this point, because it is clear that he's below his 2009 TdF form. I don't where exactly he is, relative to the 2011 TdF, but he's most close to that form with the expectation that he will (hopefully) exceed that form over the next week. I just don't think he has the race stamina yet. The rest day couldn't have come soon enough for Froome in my opinion. ITT will be close but it will depend, again, if Froome is declining at faster rate than Contador is improving.

I really am looking forward to these two facing off when both are at full strength. Adding an on-form Andy Schleck will make it must watch tv!

airstream said:
damn, lol, once again Contador fans call an about 95% preparedness a bad shape. He was in great shape in the last weak of the 2011 Tour. **snip****

in case froome takes a minute in tt, i expect to read "gah... :( alberto is not prepared at even a quarter compared to he could"

funny-pictures-kitten-shoe-loled.jpg

ILovecycling said:
Everybody in this forum is biased...its impossible to be unbiased when you watch cycling some time:rolleyes:

No. We all have our favorites, (apart from Ryaguas who loves everyone and sniper who hates everyone,) but that does not mean one should not approach discussions with the aim of commenting objectively and impartially.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
I wouldn't hang my hat on his prior TT's at this point, because it is clear that he's below his 2009 TdF form. I don't where exactly he is, relative to the 2011 TdF, but he's most close to that form with the expectation that he will (hopefully) exceed that form over the next week. I just don't think he has the race stamina yet. The rest day couldn't have come soon enough for Froome in my opinion. ITT will be close but it will depend, again, if Froome is declining at faster rate than Contador is improving.

I really am looking forward to these two facing off when both are at full strength. Adding an on-form Andy Schleck will make it must watch tv!

And I hope Wiggins will be 100 % too.

Should be quite a battle in 2013 but when Contador is 100 % you know what's coming then :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No. We all have our favorites, (apart from Ryaguas who loves everyone and sniper who hates everyone,) but that does not mean one should not approach discussions with the aim of commenting objectively and impartially.

can'T let this pass unnoticed hitch.
the critical reporters (the kimmages and walshes), the kick-*** whistleblowers (the landises), and the crime fighters (the tygarts) are my favorites.
also, i'm quite a nationalist when it comes to sport, so i cheer for all dutchies, regardless of how much they dope :eek:
and didn't i just sing a contador love song in the la vs. contador thread? you must have missed it hitch. ow, and i love the clinic. i'm full of love.

lol, ok im busted. I was actually going to put another poster, but since i figured theres a chance that they would visit the thread to see it and i never thought youd come here to see it in a million years, i put you down instead. Well that and you get mentioned sometimes here as someone who is always in the clinic so i thought it would work to the existing stereotype.

But you got me.

A

Anonymous

What are you all writing? Is this how cycling enthusiasts normally express themselves? I mean, weird or what? :)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Publicus said:
Airstream: {emotional background music plays as Airstream defiantly wipes away a single tear as he walks away } I'll show them. I'll show them all!

it's quite offensive thing if i could get it. well,ok,no problem,man. live by myth and our own correlation in which the things are upside down, if it's the only vision that keeps interest.

RVPRVP

BANNED
Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
And I hope Wiggins will be 100 % too.

Should be quite a battle in 2013 but when Contador is 100 % you know what's coming then :D

Yep i personally think froome on TDF form would smoke Contador,i now think next year it will be these 2 as the best forget Schleck as the main man to challenge contador,i think people will agree froome's the real deal.I cant see no one else challenging maybe Nibali as best of rest,Gesink VDB wont challenge not good enough uphill.
So far Gesink has been annonymous,but expect him to do better on longer climbs.

I find it funny the way most people on here seem to totally ignore the fact that Contador used to cheat. Then he got caught. Now he cant cheat anymore. Dont you think this may possibly have a detrimental effect on his performances? Anyone expecting him to suddenly produce a stunning TT is living in la-la land.

willbick said:
I find it funny the way most people on here seem to totally ignore the fact that Contador used to cheat. Then he got caught. Now he cant cheat anymore. Dont you think this may possibly have a detrimental effect on his performances? Anyone expecting him to suddenly produce a stunning TT is living in la-la land.

1- go to the clinic
2- he was caught in 2010 and in 2011 he still rode great time trials

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
willbick said:
p.s. I wouldnt be surprised if Rodriguez beats Contador in the TT. Current form counts, not ancient history

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Post of the year! Even signature material :D

willbick said:

1) Clinic is that way ---->
2) CAS's verdict actually says that doping as thesource of clen is highly unlikely. Contaminatefd food supplement was found the most likely source (and since strict liability applies they banned him nevertheless)

TRENDING THREADS