• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hilly TT of 40 km: Contador or Froome?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Hilly TT of 40 km - Contador or Froome, who is better?

• don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
icefire said:
Fixed it for you :D
Thanks,thats even better:D

The Hitch said:
No. We all have our favorites, (apart from Ryaguas who loves everyone and sniper who hates everyone,) but that does not mean one should not approach discussions with the aim of commenting objectively and impartially.
Agree,someones of us try this,but always its at least a bit biased,thats what i tried to tell him;)

willbick said:
I find it funny the way most people on here seem to totally ignore the fact that Contador used to cheat. Then he got caught. Now he cant cheat anymore. Dont you think this may possibly have a detrimental effect on his performances? Anyone expecting him to suddenly produce a stunning TT is living in la-la land.

Hey new kid, clinic is that way --------->

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
I really am looking forward to these two facing off when both are at full strength. Adding an on-form Andy Schleck will make it must watch tv!
Hell yeah,i would almost die for this:)

willbick said:
p.s. I wouldnt be surprised if Rodriguez beats Contador in the TT. Current form counts, not ancient history

Ohh Lord,weed does the job:D:D:D

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Well do u know if its tecnical or not? Because otherwise it makes no sense that u called it a advantage for Froome. If not, do any1 else know?

Froome will beat Bertie, but not by a huge margin

BillytheKid said:
Yep, just looked at that. According to the map on Steephill, not. Froome.

Contador says its tecnical:

"¿Qué le parece el recorrido de la contrarreloj del miércoles?
Es una crono que me viene bastante bien y creo que puedo tener un poco de ventaja respecto a los demás. Hay que subir y bajar un puerto, y la bajada es técnica. Pero creo que también es buena para `Purito´. Los cuatro favoritos haremos una buena contrarreloj, y en función de cómo salgamos, veremos qué táctica tomamos. "

http://www.esciclismo.com/ampliada.asp?Id=23203&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
Contador says its tecnical:

"¿Qué le parece el recorrido de la contrarreloj del miércoles?
Es una crono que me viene bastante bien y creo que puedo tener un poco de ventaja respecto a los demás. . Hay que subir y bajar un puerto, y la bajada es técnica. Pero creo que también es buena para `Purito´. Los cuatro favoritos haremos una buena contrarreloj, y en función de cómo salgamos, veremos qué táctica tomamos. "

http://www.esciclismo.com/ampliada.asp?Id=23203&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wow,wow confident,that seems good:D:)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
lol, ok im busted. I was actually going to put another poster, but since i figured theres a chance that they would visit the thread to see it and i never thought youd come here to see it in a million years, i put you down instead. Well that and you get mentioned sometimes here as someone who is always in the clinic so i thought it would work to the existing stereotype.

But you got me.

I'm sort of honored, I guess :)

Indeed, I'm not hanging out here alot, which is a pity.
In fact, I've stopped actively following cycling a few years ago when Herbert Dijkstra started providing live commentary (the dutchees among us know what a torture that is). Another reason was me moving to Germany a couple of years back. As you know, in Germany watching cycling is a sin while talking about doping is bliss ;)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Riis:

"The time trial is 39.5 km long with a 10-kilometer climb and a very technically difficult descent. As part of his tactical preparations, Alberto has ridden it eight times. He can almost ride it in the dark."

Oh boy, now that's what I call dedication :D

I feel he's going to fly tomorrow, go Alberto!!!

airstream said:
damn, lol, once again Contador fans call an about 95% preparedness a bad shape. He was in great shape in the last weak of the 2011 Tour. But sometimes even good shape does not guarantee absence of crisis moments. Contador was in bad form in criterium internacional 2010 (or 2009?). if one tries to reason like you it comes that badly a halfway prepared contador will easily podium in any gt which is an absolute myth. you, fans, really built a fairytale you wanna live in. i don't relally care who will win the race, so i try to look at all the things unbiasedly. but really hilarious how any comparisons and analogies are distorted and handled against froome

in case froome takes a minute in tt, i expect to read "gah... :( alberto is not prepared at even a quarter compared to he could"

Didn't you realise that every thread is becoming an "unofficial" I Love Alberto thread. Better get used to it. If he wins the Vuelta it will only get worse and many keyboards will need industrial cleaning...............

A

Anonymous

Hugo Koblet said:
Riis:

"The time trial is 39.5 km long with a 10-kilometer climb and a very technically difficult descent. As part of his tactical preparations, Alberto has ridden it eight times. He can almost ride it in the dark."

Not everything is in knowing because it only enables rider to extract the best out of himself at that moment. However, to beat others you need great legs and a good position. CF has shown he can do great TTing but the question is how much is he affected by fatigue. Also, I know that as AC was suspended and did most of his training on his own, it practically amounted to TT but there are just too many unknowns to make realiable prediction(although guessing is fun!).

That is one of the reasons why it is going to be immensely exiciting to watch!

Carols said:
Well my problem is I love Alberto, Purito and Valverde and Froome is really growing on me LOL!!!

+1, Especially Froome is growing on me, im really looking forward to seeing him as the captain of the tour next year. Gonna be fun to see what Sky will do with Froome as the leader, I dont think Froome will accept riding behind his team all the way to the victory.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Alpehue said:
+1, Especially Froome is growing on me, im really looking forward to seeing him as the captain of the tour next year. Gonna be fun to see what Sky will do with Froome as the leader, I dont think Froome will accept riding behind his team all the way to the victory.

Lol you think Froome will win the tour next year? Keep thinking that :p

Miburo said:
Lol you think Froome will win the tour next year? Keep thinking that :p

I don't think that's as far fetched as you imply. An on form Vroome! can TT and at a minimum minimize his losses in the mountains. It seems to me his biggest problem is that he's never really ridden for himself before and he's having to learn how to do that. Well that and I think the Tour fatigue is going to catch up with him. But I wouldn't so casually dismiss his chances. If he can climb as well as I think, he's going to be Contador's biggest rival at next year's Tour.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
I don't think that's as far fetched as you imply. An on form Vroome! can TT and at a minimum minimize his losses in the mountains. It seems to me his biggest problem is that he's never really ridden for himself before and he's having to learn how to do that. Well that and I think the Tour fatigue is going to catch up with him. But I wouldn't so casually dismiss his chances. If he can climb as well as I think, he's going to be Contador's biggest rival at next year's Tour.

True, he will be his biggest contender although we still need to wonder what will happen with Wiggins.

Will he really help Froome, will GB be able to live with that? That the former tour winner needs to help his teammate. I doubt Sky will decide that directly, prob during the tour

So I think Wiggins's presence might hurt his chances.

And if Contador is 100% and let's assume he will be that still obviously too early to say but if that's the case he has no opponent :p

Maybe i'm a bit biased though lol

TRENDING THREADS