• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie confession?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
hincapie sums up cycling.

he's an omertist and unrepentant doper who made millions off the backs of clean riders, yet he's one of the most respected people in the peloton...

Completely correct. The fact this guy gets any respect whatsoever is a testament to the endless mountain we climb. He's as big of a fraud as they come.

Bannockburn said:
Completely correct. The fact this guy gets any respect whatsoever is a testament to the endless mountain we climb. He's as big of a fraud as they come.

A wealthy fraud as well !

Pro Cycling Legend George Hincapie To Open Boutique Hotel In South Carolina

http://www.gadling.com/2013/04/20/p...boutique-hotel-in-sou/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

I must book my holiday there - Hotel "Domestic", how about Hotel "taking the p**s"

Picked it up on twitter from:
Brendan gallagher ‏@gallagherbren 2h
@jeffconnor12

a man who played the system and then cashed in his chips when it suited. Win on the way up, win on the way down etc etc
Details

Brendan gallagher ‏@gallagherbren 3h

George Hincapie has opened this s**** hotel. Enthusiastic doper who effectively avoided any ban. He's all right jack http://aol.it/Zc6tJ7

Becky Hart ‏@BeckyFlashHart 3h

Shame those whose results and so earnings were ruined by dopers don't have the kind of funds to open a hotel... they win on the way up etc

Retweet
Favorite

Ex roadman ‏@ExRoadman1 2h

@gallagherbren what a message it sends out...doping pays. Forbes show **** poor taste in running stories on GHs ill gotten gains

Simon Martin ‏@SimonM31 2h

@gallagherbren interesting to see what will be available in the minibar #justsaying

Freddythefrog said:
A wealthy fraud as well !

Pro Cycling Legend George Hincapie To Open Boutique Hotel In South Carolina

http://www.gadling.com/2013/04/20/p...boutique-hotel-in-sou/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

I must book my holiday there - Hotel "Domestic", how about Hotel "taking the p**s"

Picked it up on twitter from:
Brendan gallagher ‏@gallagherbren 2h
@jeffconnor12

a man who played the system and then cashed in his chips when it suited. Win on the way up, win on the way down etc etc
Details

Brendan gallagher ‏@gallagherbren 3h

George Hincapie has opened this s**** hotel. Enthusiastic doper who effectively avoided any ban. He's all right jack http://aol.it/Zc6tJ7

Becky Hart ‏@BeckyFlashHart 3h

Shame those whose results and so earnings were ruined by dopers don't have the kind of funds to open a hotel... they win on the way up etc

Retweet
Favorite

lol, little Dopestrong and JB can just look at the party while their bank accounts drops in value.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is HE actually running it? If so I wonder if he realises how hard they are to run? Unless he has ridiculous amounts of money to throw away he'll go broke in no time if he's doing it because it looks like a bit of easy-going fun. It's tough to turn a big profit let alone break even, and that's if you know what you're doing.
It's a business, you don't just sit on your **** out in the sun and expect the customers to come beating down your door..

Reviving this guy since seeing an ad being run by a new retailer on TV in the US during the TDF yesterday featuring none other than.....Big George Hincapie?!?!

WTF...how does this guy get a complete pass, and now companies are actually paying him to be their spokesperson for cycling and buying their gear at this new retailer outfit?!?!

Amazing, so sick of the double standard for Lance and pretty much every other American cyclist who doped and came "clean" (see what I did there?), just because they went after Lance.

Sorry, more of a venting post.

About to fire off an email to the retailer and let them have it. Why would I want to go buy stuff from these guys when they have a lifetime doper as a spokesperson? Yeah, progress in this sport, or just bad judgement on their behalf....

May 26, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Reviving this guy since seeing an ad being run by a new retailer on TV in the US during the TDF yesterday featuring none other than.....Big George Hincapie?!?!

WTF...how does this guy get a complete pass, and now companies are actually paying him to be their spokesperson for cycling and buying their gear at this new retailer outfit?!?!

Amazing, so sick of the double standard for Lance and pretty much every other American cyclist who doped and came "clean" (see what I did there?), just because they went after Lance.

Sorry, more of a venting post.

About to fire off an email to the retailer and let them have it. Why would I want to go buy stuff from these guys when they have a lifetime doper as a spokesperson? Yeah, progress in this sport, or just bad judgement on their behalf....

I dont remember Hincapie calling Betsy a mad ***** or Emma an alcoholic and a prositute.

Did Hincapie sue those who questioned his abilities and performances?

He appears to be doing well after admitting to cheating and that is not good to hear. But no one is forced to buy his goods.

Monkeymouth on t'other hand well that is a whole other cess pit and you know that, but you aint happy that your boy is in deep in the pit and trying desperately to get out. When making that cesspit don't ya think Monkeymouth should had put in an escape route, kind stoopid of him ;)

zigmeister said:
WTF...how does this guy get a complete pass

WTF BIG George is a world apart from lance..................he deserves respect as his evidence was the death knell for lance's defence

+ BIG George lost results............only yesterday stuey surpassed BIG George's record of greatest number of tour rides after George lost one of his rides from the records

even though BIG Georde gets by being a nice guy he is too known as a doper

Mark L

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
zigmeister said:

When did Lance come clean exactly?

ebandit said:
WTF BIG George is a world apart from lance..................he deserves respect as his evidence was the death knell for lance's defence

+ BIG George lost results............only yesterday stuey surpassed BIG George's record of greatest number of tour rides after George lost one of his rides from the records

Mark L
What a prince. He dopes to get a career, fame, and a thriving company. Without it, he'd be burger flipper.
He outs Lance only when he's told to do so under oath, risking perjury charges of mass fraud against a US govt agency.
He would not have done half the Tours without doping. And he'd been pack fill at best.
What a hero. He's just like Indurain, just WAY slower. And sucking up to the evil overlord Lance at every opportunity, until he was an overlord no more.

Let's open a donation account to immotilize the guy as role model of moral, in a huge bronze statue. I feel so blessed to have been a comtempory, having been witness to his human goodness and awesome.

ebandit said:
...............correct.........................and despite my ugly mug i don't
envy BIG George his chiselled good looks

i never used to care for him...............until he fell out with lance

.................now i love him

Mark L

If they're back to being buds, will you disown George again?

@lancearmstrong: Happy birthday @ghincapie !

@ghincapie: @lancearmstrong thanks man !!

it were BIG

Fatclimber said:
If they're back to being buds, will you disown George again?

whatever............BIG George stood up and was counted

ok? such actions may have been self preservation to limit damage to his business enterprises

but never lose sight of how much better the cycling world seems with lance's
7 wins...........................'gone!'

Mark L

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
zigmeister said:

Don't worry you're not the only one not to forget GH and the rest. As small as it may seem I've convinced a cycling club to stop using his clothing, one step at a time man.

The rest will get their due as well, one step at a time.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
ebandit said:

Mark L

Don't worry. This may again reverse itself after the 18th. :eek:

It's pretty obvious not all the affidavits are necessarily truthful in all regards. They tell the truth about what USADA already knew, and twist the facts in their favour or outright lie in matters that USADA knew less about. It's a classic Raskolnikov.

I didn't find Hincapie's affidavit to be the most questionable of the lot. That'd be Leipheimer's, followed by Danielson's.

hrotha said:
It's pretty obvious not all the affidavits are necessarily truthful in all regards. They tell the truth about what USADA already knew, and twist the facts in their favour or outright lie in matters that USADA knew less about. It's a classic Raskolnikov.

I didn't find Hincapie's affidavit to be the most questionable of the lot. That'd be Leipheimer's, followed by Danielson's.

The thing about Levi's is he never says he stopped doping in it, which means that there may be omissions but not lies, so in that sense it is less questionable.

TRENDING THREADS