• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie's book

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DirtyWorks said:
The Southeast USA Cycling Regional Talent ID Camp enjoyed a suprise presentation from George Hincapie last night. George talked about the lifestyle commitment it took for him to become a professional cyclist and told some great war stories from European racing. What a treat!

What a treat indeed. When do you tell the kids to start doping George?

LOL, After their parents keep paying for his Gran Fondos and his hotel.;):D

DirtyWorks said:
When you steal from clean riders and protect a thoroughly corrupt sport, USA Cycling invites you to speak to Juniors about your illustrious career.

The Southeast USA Cycling Regional Talent ID Camp enjoyed a suprise presentation from George Hincapie last night. George talked about the lifestyle commitment it took for him to become a professional cyclist and told some great war stories from European racing. What a treat!

What a treat indeed. When do you tell the kids to start doping George?

This underscores the ethical bankruptcy that is USAC. How under any circumstances a serial cycling cheat would be presented to young cyclists as a role model is the definition of absurdity.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The Hincapie visit has been scrubbed from Facebook. Not even a mention of why it might be removed, just a Jedi mind trick: "This is not the doper you are looking for"

Sad how they still refuse to get it. USAC can't stop themselves apparently. See cycling. See cycling die. See USAC kill cycling.

HappyCycling said:
Is Hincapie actually dopey or just really conniving with a dopey personality? He doesn't seem to get it at all. I can never work it out.

IMO, he likes to sell the "I'm a likeable, unflappable duder's dude." That's where you get the dopey part. He's done a good job selling that too.

In reality, he compliments Armstrong's personality. That's where you get the conniving, determined cheater, part. This is also why he's invited to speak to kids at a USAC development camp.

skippythepinhead said:
Sad how they still refuse to get it. USAC can't stop themselves apparently. See cycling. See cycling die. See USAC kill cycling.

Every one of the people directly involved in the USPS fraud at the federation are still there and inviting a sanctioned doper to speak to kids.

It's never going to die:
1. Granted a monopoly. This permits them to eliminate competitors. (See Colorado's disappeared federation)
2. Funded by USOC. The doors will stay open no matter what.
3. USAC members have no say in how the federation operates. None.

This is why it's up to bike racers to at least vote with their dollars and stop racing USAC sanctioned events.

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum but I am currently reading the book. I'm over half way through but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it. I've thought about putting it down a few times. George makes his doping seem like a very very small part of his routine. Basically, he would do a little EPO right before the Tour and would do one blood transfusion during the Tour. He does a great job of make people like Floyd seem like scum, but he was a hard worker who just did it a little for a boost. And then "when he quit in 06" he wanted everyone else to quit with him, but could tell who was doping when they were dropping him.
Like I said, I'm about half of the way through. But it is all about how hard he worked, how he worked to help Lance win, how his family gave him inspiration to race. He downplays the doping so much its comical to me. He makes it seem like he did a little shot of EPO and that was it.
Just my thoughts.

I feel ill.

LOS ANGELES — Universal Sports Network will present “George Hincapie: The Loyal Lieutenant,” an exclusive, in-depth, personal interview with George Hincapie, this Friday, August 22, at 8 p.m. EDT and PDT. In the one-hour special, the 17-time Tour de France veteran, three-time national road champion, and five-time Olympian offers an insightful account of his esteemed career through an era plagued by performance-enhancing drug use.

Sitting down with Craig Hummer, sportscaster and co-author of Hincapie’s memoir, The Loyal Lieutenant, Hincapie covers everything from his humble beginnings in Queens, New York to his role in one of the world’s biggest doping scandals that brought down his former teammate, Lance Armstrong.

“George Hincapie is one of the most successful cyclists and well-respected teammates in American history,” said Universal Sports Network SVP of production, Dean Walker. “His story remains a relevant topic of discussion as fans continue to struggle with the reality of a dark period within the sport and as George continues to be an advocate of racing ‘clean.’ We hope this program can serve as a catalyst to foster conversation around doping for future generations.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...terview-air-friday_341472#f3JrLA2vBzGvx0iJ.99

thehog said:

This is the kind of celebrity building that goes on in the USA without any critical thought. It is the kind of celebrity Americans bought into with Armstrong. It is the kind of faux celebrity Americans buy into all the time. The USA is the most notorious country where faux celebrity of and in itself is an industry.

I recently watched "Stop at Nothing" as I am sure many on here have as well. It contains the footage of Armstrong putting down Kimmage at the press conference just before the 2009 Tour of California. Most everybody on here will be familiar with this incident.

Everyone will recall Armstrong lying through his teeth and castigating Paul in about as mean spirited way that a psychopathic lowlife could. It was as disgusting display of humanity as ever recorded on TV.

And WHO was sitting right beside Armstrong on his right listening to the Armstrong Lie, knowing full well what Armstrong was saying was a lie, and letting Kimmage sustain the full brunt of Armstrong's phoney and fraudulent wrath - HINCAPIE

And the coward Hincapie let Kimmage take the full barrage of Armstrong's B$ without once coming to his defence knowing full well LA was lying though his teeth. Hincapie just sat there with a goofy, conspiratorial grin without an ounce of moral fibre or a shred of moral courage.

THAT is the real George Hincapie - an immoral coward and those bozos at the Universal Sports Network should be ashamed at their pretentious behaviour towards Hincapie the imposter.

RobbieCanuck said:
This is the kind of celebrity building that goes on in the USA without any critical thought. It is the kind of celebrity Americans bought into with Armstrong. It is the kind of faux celebrity Americans buy into all the time. The USA is the most notorious country where faux celebrity of and in itself is an industry.

I recently watched "Stop at Nothing" as I am sure many on here have as well. It contains the footage of Armstrong putting down Kimmage at the press conference just before the 2009 Tour of California. Most everybody on here will be familiar with this incident.

Everyone will recall Armstrong lying through his teeth and castigating Paul in about as mean spirited way that a psychopathic lowlife could. It was as disgusting display of humanity as ever recorded on TV.

And WHO was sitting right beside Armstrong on his right listening to the Armstrong Lie, knowing full well what Armstrong was saying was a lie, and letting Kimmage sustain the full brunt of Armstrong's phoney and fraudulent wrath - HINCAPIE

And the coward Hincapie let Kimmage take the full barrage of Armstrong's B$ without once coming to his defence knowing full well LA was lying though his teeth. Hincapie just sat there with a goofy, conspiratorial grin without an ounce of moral fibre or a shred of moral courage.

THAT is the real George Hincapie - an immoral coward and those bozos at the Universal Sports Network should be ashamed at their pretentious behaviour towards Hincapie the imposter.

pffft... I can just see the reaction as George taps him on the shoulder and says "Well actually, Lance..." :rolleyes:

I'm not defending George, as he made his bed, but it's not like anyone sitting next to LA would have said anything at that moment

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Archibald said:
pffft... I can just see the reaction as George taps him on the shoulder and says "Well actually, Lance..." :rolleyes:

I'm not defending George, as he made his bed, but it's not like anyone sitting next to LA would have said anything at that moment

Ah good. Someone who is living in the real world.

Agreed. Fully.

Archibald said:

In the film, The Armstrong Lie, Lance said George sent him a text message before the press conference, tipping him off about Kimmage being there. Of course, this gave Lance time to prepare and rehearse his attack. Smiley George has always been in LA's pocket, and always will be. He comes across as a complete tool in the film.

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Archibald said:

There is a video of the whole team being scanned while Lance is talking. I can't remember who it was but one of his teammates was rolling his eyes over how ridiculous Lance was.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Bosco10 said:
In the film, The Armstrong Lie, Lance said George sent him a text message before the press conference, tipping him off about Kimmage being there. Of course, this gave Lance time to prepare and rehearse his attack. Smiley George has always been in LA's pocket, and always will be. He comes across as a complete tool in the film.

....that has millions of $ more than you can ever dream of. Scoreboard.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
MonkeyFace said:
There is a video of the whole team being scanned while Lance is talking. I can't remember who it was but one of his teammates was rolling his eyes over how ridiculous Lance was.

I believe your thinking of Vande Velde. As I recall, it was more of a "god, I wish I wasn't here" type of eye-roll.

Yup @2:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZgns7CXeUI

And Basso sooooo wishes he could vanish.
What a cast of characters behind that table. Can't make this stuff up. :D

Bosco10 said:

who's the bigger tool, the tool or the tool who follows him...
(with apologies to Lucasfilm)

In this case Georgie boy's sat quietly following the hand that's fed him, and has really come away scot-free with his $$ pretty safe. I don't think George is that silly - reckon he's played LA quite well to come out so well. Kind of like the king being stooged by the court jester... King get's killed off while the jester keeps playing the fool and keeping his loot

Archibald said:
In this case Georgie boy's sat quietly following the hand that's fed him, and has really come away scot-free with his $$ pretty safe. I don't think George is that silly - reckon he's played LA quite well to come out so well. Kind of like the king being stooged by the court jester... King get's killed off while the jester keeps playing the fool and keeping his loot

So right.

Well played George.

Archibald said:
who's the bigger tool, the tool or the tool who follows him...
(with apologies to Lucasfilm)

Oh yeah! Georgie porgie, pudding and pie, kisses Lance's azz, but doesn't cry.. cuz he skimmed millions on the fly.. but beware of karma Georgie, it's the b- itch in your eye.

TRENDING THREADS