• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie's book

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
It is good to hear George has no problem being called a junkie. I kinda felt bad about that for a while but if he is cool with then I guess we can continue

We should make a poll. What is the more questionable claim from George?......The first time he doped was by using EPO in 1996 or that he stopped in 2006?

The BS meter is off the charts for both of those claims
lol

betsy kramar andreau likes calling him a junkie

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
I guess I will have to erect a shrine to Hincapie beside the Allen Lim shrine.

Where would we be without these guys.
without my quote for starters.

George needs a tutor for his G.E.D.

Allen needs an editor for his florid aphorisms.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ich bin ein Berlinerstriketrhu Boulderiner

everyones from Boulder if Lims from Boulder

to move forward without forgetting and to ride, not for greed or fame, but for the unbridled joy and love that the simple act of cycling brings us

97lau.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Samson777 said:
Hincapie's not mad that Landis call him a junkie. Landis been through a lot and all Hincapie wants for Landis is to find peace. What a nice fellow he is Big George...
lol

George 4 GED.

I am gonna start a hash tag on twitter

junkies for GEDs,
George4GED

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Interesting quote from George.
When I made that decision, my concern was to get to as many people as possible in the peloton to stop doping

I have never heard from anyone that George tried to get them to stop doping. Wonder who he tried to get to stop?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Frankie, but it didnt work.

Really? Do you have a link or is this just an lame attempt to deflect the discussion to Frankie?

George claims he begged Floyd to stop doping and Floyd told him to fork off. I asked Floyd about it, he said it was nonsense.

Would have thought that George's role as a anti-doping crusader would have been more public. Would have thought that when riders told the truth he would have stood up for them instead of calling them lying drunks and sending nasty emails trying to get them to shut up. Would have thought he would have been first in line to help clean up the sport, instead of obstructing investigations.

Race Radio said:
Would have thought that George's role as a anti-doping crusader would have been more public.

Would have become another name on the Wonderboy "enemies list."
Would not have gotten another job in the elite peloton.
Would have been blacklisted by Thom Wiesel.

The list of consequences would have been long and plain for all to see for getting on the right side of the issue.

That George is another lying liar lying.

hfer07 said:
yes he did - but not when the scam was alive and running- which in comparison to Hincapie's book, he somewhat dares to say he was "preaching" the clean path after all the damage he'd done...

True. Off topic but if read the interviews with Madoff since being in jail he blames the government. And the people for being stupid enough to investment in him.

He's half right. The government like the UCI allowed for guys like Madoff to prosper.

Humans like Armstrong fans and Madoff investors are always willing to believe the unbelievable.

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, Wonderboy was trying to get everyone from stop doping too. He had no intention of stopping personally but he was doing his damnedest to stop those nasty Spaniards and Germans from charging up.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Interesting quote from George.

I have never heard from anyone that George tried to get them to stop doping. Wonder who he tried to get to stop?

It's odd. GH was served very well by STFU.

Abe Lincoln's old saying "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" was never more appropriate.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Abe Lincoln's old saying "better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" was never more appropriate.

Which explains why Honest Abe never had a Twitter account. :cool:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.fatcyclist.com/2014/06/05/review-part-i-the-loyal-lieutenant-by-george-hincapie/

Lets see what one of Armstrong's biggest fans thinks

I don’t even know where to start with that. It doesn’t make any sense; I can’t identify with it at all. It’s like an alien spoke it. You’re completely at peace after making a decision to live a secretive life based on perpetual cheating? Incomprehensible.

You feel like this is a new you, without limitations? Yes, sure, you’re new. But don’t you see the giant new limitation you’ve just established?

You see yourself as no longer having the deck stacked against you? And didn’t see yourself as now one of the people stacking the deck?

You didn’t consider that you had just become one of the guys you had used as a source of righteous indignation a few pages earlier? (“The fuel I drew on now was derived and distilled from my take on justice and retribution.”)

Nope, you seem perfectly at ease, defending the ongoing doping program as “conservative.”

Oh, well in that case, by all means carry on.

-

TRENDING THREADS