• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie's book

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The more I read of this stuff the more I think that George is the most slimey of all of them. Lance couldn't help but be Lance and that was his undoing but George seems way more calculating and smart.

therhodeo said:
The more I read of this stuff the more I think that George is the most slimey of all of them. Lance couldn't help but be Lance and that was his undoing but George seems way more calculating and smart.

Slimey for sure! I'd call George smart like a cow is smart to eat the feed in front of them.

Thom Wiesel and Wonderboy's Lawyer Stapleton are two smart ones. Notice how both have managed to stay out of the controversy despite being directly involved in building the fraud.

fatandfast said:
George is genius. He has avoided be labeled as a doper even after he said he was one. He has lasered in on the next middle age man trend, cycling is the new golf, and got himself to the front of the pack on offering hotel based cycling camps to old guys. Great food, comfortable rooms and rides with bike legends for @3500 bucks for 8 days.

That George can con people out of their hard earned cash to stay at his hotel, pay for his camps, buy his clothing is hardly surprising in today's USA, where people are still in awe of his corrupt and phoney celebrity.

People have to be addled to support George's businesses built on a career of fraud and corruption. It is like paying to go to a seminar on investing by Bernie Madoff.

RobbieCanuck said:
That George can con people out of their hard earned cash to stay at his hotel, pay for his camps, buy his clothing is hardly surprising in today's USA, where people are still in awe of his corrupt and phoney celebrity.

People have to be addled to support George's businesses built on a career of fraud and corruption. It is like paying to go to a seminar on investing by Bernie Madoff.

A bit off the topic but related and I can't find the Carmichael thread..
Chris Comical is still front and center with his Trainrite systems and I can't believe the public can support this guy!

I saw his pic on twitter a couple of days ago with a young female pro rider who uses Trainrite!! after ALL the Armstrong crap and here he is at ATOC acting like a celebrity!

Hincapie has found a gold mine literally in older wealthy men who pay to rub elbows at his 'clubby' hotel

mewmewmew13 said:
A bit off the topic but related and I can't find the Carmichael thread..
Chris Comical is still front and center with his Trainrite systems and I can't believe the public can support this guy!

I saw his pic on twitter a couple of days ago with a young female pro rider who uses Trainrite!! after ALL the Armstrong crap and here he is at ATOC acting like a celebrity!

Hincapie has found a gold mine literally in older wealthy men who pay to rub elbows at his 'clubby' hotel

Utterly bizarre :confused:

But just wait, the same thing will happen over here soon with O'Grady. Most people have already let his transgressions slide with a "boys will be boys" type of attitude.

$3500 for 8 days is scandalous :eek:. When I was 20 some friends and I spent about that much each in 6 weeks, staying in backpackers at Nice and Ghent. We had the time of our lives, riding Alps, drinking with strangers, chasing girls and getting smashed in Belgian Kermesses. I strongly recommend it.

Race Radio said:
Mandatory that every thread eventually become about JV/SKY/Froome

Back on topic. George is doing a book release party at the Core Club in NYC . at 7PM the 29th. Free booze, everyone welcome, stop on by :rolleyes:

If I could, I'd be happy to get into the free stuff and make the marketing costs rise for what should be a failed book venture...

fatandfast said:
George is genius. He has avoided be labeled as a doper even after he said he was one.

not to mention print rubbish that ends up in a folks discussing JV instead of how terrible George is/has been. Teflon at its best!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ripper said:
Hincapie - another way of saying fuckwit. :eek:
no, George the junkie was less successful at Yellow Rose. he did not realise the equation with the merchandise and CSE and Livestrong had picked up the tab for the cough cough private room

luv how Jenkins hinapie and lance attempt to get to betsy thru sledging Frankie.

Frankie just has a laff, and is just happy that the press corps now speaks to him in july in france

Frankie ftw

Betsy Kramer Andreau, bigger balls than all the men in cycling. must have something to do with lycra and unilateral orchiectomies

8zlif.jpg

Archibald said:
If I could, I'd be happy to get into the free stuff and make the marketing costs rise for what should be a failed book venture...

not to mention print rubbish that ends up in a folks discussing JV instead of how terrible George is/has been. Teflon at its best!

JV gets thrown into the mix as he's from the same era and team as Hincapie. JVs progression is that of Hincapie & both have financially benefited from their pretend clean cycling moments.

Not much more to it. I place them in the same pod along with CVV etc from that era.

Wouldn't trust any of them. Dodgy as hell the lot of them.

Won't be reading Hincapie's book the same as I didn't bother reading any of the new Lance books. The seagulls you see.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
More nonsense from the book. George on USADA

Their validation counted for nothing. I'd already been part of the change way before they'd come along.

Oh brother......so they should have ignored all the evidence on Johan, Lance, Pepe, del Moral, etc. because George had already "Stopped" doping?

Funny how he forgets it was almost failing a drug test that made George "Stop" doping.

Race Radio said:
More nonsense from the book. George on USADA

Oh brother......so they should have ignored all the evidence on Johan, Lance, Pepe, del Moral, etc. because George had already "Stopped" doping?

Funny how he forgets it was almost failing a drug test that made George "Stop" doping.

Are they really that deluded that they buy this crap themselves or is this just some act to keep up appearance? Because I mean, the curtain is long gone. So this just seems incredible dumb.

Then again, he is a pro cyclist...

Walkman said:
Are they really that deluded that they buy this crap themselves or is this just some act to keep up appearance? Because I mean, the curtain is long gone. So this just seems incredible dumb.

^^^^ i vote this

from what I hear (and observe) George is not the most intelligent of the species

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Walkman said:

He was a pro cyclist...and that means even when the curtain is back and you are naked, you still claim to be wearing clothes....

Not heard Vaughters condemn Hincapie's rewritten version of sporting history....

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
^^^^ i vote this

from what I hear (and observe) George is not the most intelligent of the species

Disagree on the first part. These guys are so far down the rabbit hole of rationalization that they truly believe it all. It's a human nature thing and thus shouldn't be overly surprising, but damn if it isn't amazing to witness anyway.

Benotti69 said:
He was a pro cyclist...and that means even when the curtain is back and you are naked, you still claim to be wearing clothes....

Not heard Vaughters condemn Hincapie's rewritten version of sporting history....

Of course not. There might be a buck in it for JV so he'll keep dopey George sweet.

Probably did the real estate deal for his hotel :rolleyes:

I definitely believe a lot of his motivation is money, and or accolades from success beyond riding a bike. You see it in his clothing line, and you see it even bigger in the proposed Pla d'Adat resort, which I think was a brilliant idea when cycling in the US was at it's peak and the economy was better, but now may not be as economically feasible. However it's apparently still moving forward, and with that comes some prestige and potentially serious cash.

As such, the book is just part of the sales spin. The "we screwed up, but it was an ugly time, I apologize. Now all's good, and let's move forward, right?" thinking.

Having said that, I haven't read the book, and don't intend to.

Alpe d'Huez said:
I definitely believe a lot of his motivation is money, and or accolades from success beyond riding a bike. You see it in his clothing line, and you see it even bigger in the proposed Pla d'Adat resort, which I think was a brilliant idea when cycling in the US was at it's peak and the economy was better, but now may not be as economically feasible. However it's apparently still moving forward, and with that comes some prestige and potentially serious cash.

As such, the book is just part of the sales spin. The "we screwed up, but it was an ugly time, I apologize. Now all's good, and let's move forward, right?" thinking.

Having said that, I haven't read the book, and don't intend to.

The staff at Pla d’Adet will be experienced, professional and personally trained by George Hincapie in order to enhance your entire performance training experience. The staff will assist with cycling and multi-sport training, provide guided tours of Hincapie approved training routes, and assist athletes with all aspects of the Pla D’Adet Training Platform.

Personally trained. Thank-god for that! :rolleyes:

Their validation counted for nothing. I'd already been part of the change way before they'd come along.

Interesting how so many dopers went clean in 2006. I wonder if this was coincidence, or if they all got together and made a gentlemen's agreement not to dope any more.

The Hincapie Training and Fitness Center will provide training and fitness testing including a trained professional staff and state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to test V02, blood lactate and power output.

This sounds like a great deal for cyclists. You can say that you have training data that even Chris Froome doesn't have.

Merckx index said:
Interesting how so many dopers went clean in 2006. I wonder if this was coincidence, or if they all got together and made a gentlemen's agreement not to dope any more.

This sounds like a great deal for cyclists. You can say that you have training data that even Chris Froome doesn't have.

It's funny the hotel is named after the mountain Hincapie won his stage on. Which was also one of the most ridiculous doped up performances in history not mention paid off for the win as well.

Absurdity knows no bounds.