• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hog exclusive: New Astana kit

The team will not adopt the name of its principal sponsor Samruk Kazyna, as has been rumored.

Update - F-Tech will get the Astana clothing contract. More soon.

Team presentation will be on December 9th:

2010kitdraft.jpg

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
but why do you call it your exclusive if astanafans.com published it yesterday morning and contadornotebook.infolast night? :)

the problem is that Proskurin had promised to F-Tech to support his contract with Astana, but Sanquer as absolutely normal manager signed a contract with much more respectable Nalini. And probably right now Sanquer is facing with why Biver and Bruyneel were not so good for nut Kazakhs :)

KazakhNeRider said:
but why do you call it your exclusive if astanafans.com published it yesterday morning and contadornotebook.infolast night? :)

the problem is that Proskurin had promised to F-Tech to support his contract with Astana, but Sanquer as absolutely normal manager signed a contract with much more respectable Nalini. And probably right now Sanquer is facing with why Biver abd Bruyneel were not so good for nut Kazakhs :)

Thanks for providing the links.

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
December 9th is the new Sept. 5?

i was just thinking that.. :D

Im actually going to draw issue with this as well.. The picture that hog has linked to is the photo from albertocontadornotebook (check the image address)... so its clear when he put it up that it was not exclusive, he has just hijacked the picture direct..

there is no reason whatsoever why he couldnt have credited albertocontadornotebook absolutely no reason whatsoever!!!! and there is no reason why he had to pass it off as some sort of insider information...

thehog said:
Thanks for providing the links.

you knew exactly what the links where yourself.. thats where you got the picture from in the first place...
(yes ive unmuted you.. sometimes i need to read your BS to see what the thread is about)

thanks for showing the kit, its interesting to see, but please just say where you got it, credit where credits due.. i would have no issue with you otherwise, but this constant "i have an exlusive BS" is beyond funny..
If you just credited some of your posts with the original source people would have so much more respect for you

(and dont even say you didnt get it from notebook cos the image link gives it away mate.. argue that one!)

dimspace said:
i was just thinking that.. :D

Im actually going to draw issue with this as well.. The picture that hog has linked to is the photo from albertocontadornotebook (check the image address)... so its clear when he put it up that it was not exclusive, he has just hijacked the picture direct..

there is no reason whatsoever why he couldnt have credited albertocontadornotebook absolutely no reason whatsoever!!!! and there is no reason why he had to pass it off as some sort of insider information...

you knew exactly what the links where yourself.. thats where you got the picture from in the first place...
(yes ive unmuted you.. sometimes i need to read your BS to see what the thread is about)

thanks for showing the kit, its interesting to see, but please just say where you got it, credit where credits due.. i would have no issue with you otherwise, but this constant "i have an exlusive BS" is beyond funny..
If you just credited some of your posts with the original source people would have so much more respect for you

(and dont even say you didnt get it from notebook cos the image link gives it away mate.. argue that one!)

I can't make fun of you anymore because I'll receive another code violation for: "making fun of someone's wife wearing an elf uniform"!!

Gold.

A

Anonymous

honestly i think its a fair question.. just answer it...

if you had put on the post "found this on albertocontadornotebook" i would have absolutely no issue at all and this conversation wouldnt be happening...

why put it as hog exclusive and not credit the source.. thats all im asking... what is your reasoning, your purpose in doing that?

if you credit stuff instead of passing it of as exclusive insider info i have absolutely no problem.. like others have said, some of the stuff you find is really good.. just F'in credit it..

you will notice i deliberately chose to ignore your comment about my wife x

sorry guys for derailing but i think its something that should be addressed and i aint scared to address it..

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Nice looking kit. I like that Kazakh blue a lot (whatever the shade is officially called). It's easy to spot the Astana guys in the peloton pix without being godawful ugly like the Lampre kit.

Side note - I'm wondering if Astana was never meant to be called Samruk-Kazyna, and that's just some false rumor started on twitter or someplace. Like the other zillion false rumors surrounding this team the last several months.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
KazakhNeRider said:

the problem is that Proskurin had promised to F-Tech to support his contract with Astana, but Sanquer as absolutely normal manager signed a contract with much more respectable Nalini. And probably right now Sanquer is facing with why Biver and Bruyneel were not so good for nut Kazakhs :)

Wow, Thanks for these links! I feel like a kid in a candy store.:eek: Yeah, I'm an AC fanboy, what can I say. I wonder if they are going to be using Specialized Helmets and accessories too, or if AC's contract with Giro is still in effect.
:eek:Had to buy his own wheels in Monte Carlo!!!! What a sorry state of affairs, the 2009 Astana team was!

A

Anonymous

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
I thought I was on your ignore list? :p

i have already explained why i took you off it.. some threads made no sense without your comments in them..

although you seem unable to explain why you started this thread as "exclusive" and failed to credit the original source...

i shall continue to wait patiently.. seems to be you are avoiding answering.. ;)

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
think this was the velonation article that started it off.. they allegedly got reports from the italian media
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/2282/Cash-injection-and-name-change-for-Astana-team.aspx

Thanks for the link. Gotta love these media articles that claim to get their info from unspecified and/or unverified sources.

Between Proskurin and any possible remaining bad feelings from JB/LA, it's hard to know how many of the Astana rumors are due to disorganization from a change in command, inexperienced guys in new positions, UCI moving the goalposts on the PT license, or an organized PR offensive from sporting rivals. The rumors/stories seem to emphasize or create lots of negativity surrounding this team:

~~Contador is naive/stupid for letting his naive/stupid brother make a contract with no outs.
~~Vino is power-hungry and out of control, taking over the team.
~~AC doesn't trust Vino, doesn't want him in the tour. It's 2009 all over again.
~~Proskurin is a loose cannon with no idea what he's doing.
~~The Kazakhs have no money and won't pay riders next year.
~~Nobody good will ride for Astana, everyone wants to go to the Shack. Rats leaving the sinking ship.
~~Astana will hire dopers. Will return to a doper team like before. May not even get a Tour invite.

ETC, ETC, ETC.

I mean, how much of this real and how much is just a bunch of BS psychological wargames in the off-season, taking advantage of Astana's upheaval to (1) screw with AC, and (2) make it look like the Astana team is sketchy? :confused:

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
~~Contador is naive/stupid for letting his naive/stupid brother make a contract with no outs.

I'm not sure but isn't his brother some kind of corporate lawyer or something like that. I don't know your background but you shouldn't call somebody stupid if they're probably smarter than you. Plus trust is key when somebody is handling all your affairs.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
hardline said:
I'm not sure but isn't his brother some kind of corporate lawyer or something like that. I don't know your background but you shouldn't call somebody stupid if they're probably smarter than you. Plus trust is key when somebody is handling all your affairs.

You misunderstood. I was not calling Alberto or Fran stupid. I was listing all the negative stories/rumors circulating about the Astana team, its directorship, and Contador. The "Contador is naive or stupid" argument gets made from time to time. People cite Alberto's trust of Fran to make this 2009-2010 contract with no out clauses as evidence of Alberto being naive or stupid.

What my post was asking was - how many of these negative stories/rumors are based on reality, or is there a PR-offensive to paint Contador, Astana, Vino, the management, etc in a bad light?

I will go back and edit the other post. Basically I was asking, are all these negative things really true? Or are false rumors getting started somewhere? Is Contador really stupid? Will Vino really try to take over the tour team or help AC instead? Is the team really in disarray, or do they have their act together? Etc.

A

Anonymous

Gee333 Exclusive: Who cares. Petty. But then again, it sounds like you guys have a history with the OP that goes far beyond this thread. LOL!

A

Anonymous

already posted the info

I had already posted the F Tech info and presentation date on the Samruk-Kazyna thread and referenced astana fans dot com, which is where the albertocontadornotebook got it. I didn't bother with the image because it was the Nalini version.
Just as a heads up for people, you can expect the official Alberto Contador website to be making changes. CNN International had listed the notebook as the official site, which it isn't - just a very good fansite. I also knew that albertocontador.com doesn't show up on Google, and they're trying to get a store started, so I took most of a day typing up suggestions with Alexa.com graphs and things. Four different people were kind enough to look at it, and they've made a few of the changes already.
Aside from things related to web searches, etc., I suggested that fans like to see photos from training, bike photos with specifications, and links to the original source for interviews. I think it would also be a good place for him to every week or two answer questions from his press agent to clear up things like the rumor about him demanding in writing that Vino not be on the Tour team, without. Basically it would just be a way to get the truth out there in English on a regular basis without the distraction of something like twitter. I hope some of it happens. I can't wait for 2010.

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
You misunderstood. I was not calling Alberto or Fran stupid. I was listing all the negative stories/rumors circulating about the Astana team, its directorship, and Contador. The "Contador is naive or stupid" argument gets made from time to time. People cite Alberto's trust of Fran to make this 2009-2010 contract with no out clauses as evidence of Alberto being naive or stupid.

What my post was asking was - how many of these negative stories/rumors are based on reality, or is there a PR-offensive to paint Contador, Astana, Vino, the management, etc in a bad light?

I will go back and edit the other post. Basically I was asking, are all these negative things really true? Or are false rumors getting started somewhere? Is Contador really stupid? Will Vino really try to take over the tour team or help AC instead? Is the team really in disarray, or do they have their act together? Etc.

sorry about that i misunderstood your point, I apologize I am so used to hearing those same points brought up on my group rides.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
hardline said:
sorry about that i misunderstood your point, I apologize I am so used to hearing those same points brought up on my group rides.

:) No problem. I'm tired of hearing all the rumors myself.

I think the idea posted upthread about Alberto redoing his website and answering questions is a good plan. There is so much misinformation out there, and it seems like one news outlet picks up a rumor and then lots of other stories just reference the original piece, and soon it becomes the accepted truth.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
theswordsman said:
I had already posted the F Tech info and presentation date on the Samruk-Kazyna thread and referenced astana fans dot com, which is where the albertocontadornotebook got it. I didn't bother with the image because it was the Nalini version.
Just as a heads up for people, you can expect the official Alberto Contador website to be making changes. CNN International had listed the notebook as the official site, which it isn't - just a very good fansite. I also knew that albertocontador.com doesn't show up on Google, and they're trying to get a store started, so I took most of a day typing up suggestions with Alexa.com graphs and things. Four different people were kind enough to look at it, and they've made a few of the changes already.
Aside from things related to web searches, etc., I suggested that fans like to see photos from training, bike photos with specifications, and links to the original source for interviews. I think it would also be a good place for him to every week or two answer questions from his press agent to clear up things like the rumor about him demanding in writing that Vino not be on the Tour team, without. Basically it would just be a way to get the truth out there in English on a regular basis without the distraction of something like twitter. I hope some of it happens. I can't wait for 2010.

Bravo! Sounds like you're doing some good, productive work in an area that needs attention. The language barrier has severely handicapped Alberto this past year. Lets hope that, that wall comes down in the near future. Keep up the good work, Thanks.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
The team will not adopt the name of its principal sponsor Samruk Kazyna, as has been rumored.

Update - F-Tech will get the Astana clothing contract. More soon.

Team presentation will be on December 9th:

2010kitdraft.jpg
borat-high-five.jpg

I like!

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
you seem unable to explain why you started this thread as "exclusive" and failed to credit the original source...

i shall continue to wait patiently.. seems to be you are avoiding answering.. ;)

still waiting.... guess someone doesnt like answering awkward questions..