• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Orbit501 said:
Good news for UK viewers with access to Bike Channel (freeview & freesat).

Bike Channel UK will be broadcasting the race 'as live' each day at 3pm and 9pm (GMT).

Sadly, Bike Channel is not on Freeview or Freesat, only available for Sky subscribers.

It 100% is on freesat in UK. I even recorded todays coverage and just finished watching it back.

If you have freesat and can't find it then do a new channel scan. I can guarantee it's there.

I've never been a Sky subscriber nor ever will be.

Orbit501 said:
Armchair cyclist said:
Orbit501 said:

Bike Channel UK will be broadcasting the race 'as live' each day at 3pm and 9pm (GMT).

Sadly, Bike Channel is not on Freeview or Freesat, only available for Sky subscribers.

It 100% is on freesat in UK. I even recorded todays coverage and just finished watching it back.

If you have freesat and can't find it then do a new channel scan. I can guarantee it's there.

Gow do you get Freesat ....I have a BT TV ....is it on this ? Confused

Armchair cyclist said:
Orbit501 said:

Apologies. I've just discovered that Bike Channel isn't in fact on Freeview. I thought it was.

It is definitely on freesat though and doesn't require a sky subscription. This I know for a fact as that is what I watched today and have set to record for the rest of the week.

HelloDolly said:
Orbit501 said:
Armchair cyclist said:
Orbit501 said:

Gow do you get Freesat ....I have a BT TV ....is it on this ? Confused

Sorry, I have no idea how BT TV works.

I get freesat via a freesat box and satellite dish I installed myself - all subscription free.

Looks like the toughest day will be the first stage tomorrow. Hot and moderate northerlies. Bit stormy later in the week and some humidity which is a bit different to the norm.

Tuesday 17 January
SummaryMin 22 Max 39 Very hot and sunny.Possible rainfall: 0 mmChance of any rain: 0%
Adelaide area
Very hot and sunny. Winds north to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming north to northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h in the morning then shifting southwesterly in the late afternoon and tending south to southeasterly in the evening.

Wednesday 18 January
Summary Min 19Max 28Partly cloudy.Possible rainfall: 0 mmChance of any rain: 10%
Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. Winds southeasterly 25 to 35 km/h.
Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 6:00 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

Thursday 19 January
Summary Min 19 Max 35 Humid. Rain at times.Possible rainfall: 4 to 15 mmChance of any rain: 70%
Adelaide area
Humid. Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain, most likely in the early morning and in the late afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon and evening. Winds east to southeasterly 20 to 30 km/h tending east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the day.
Sun protection recommended from 9:10 am to 5:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 15 [Extreme]

Friday 20 January
Summary Min 20 Max 29 Shower or two.Possible rainfall: 2 to 8 mmChance of any rain: 70%
Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the early morning. The chance of a thunderstorm about the hills in the early morning. Winds westerly 15 to 20 km/h turning southerly 20 to 30 km/h during the afternoon.

Saturday 21 January
Summary Min 16 Max 30 Sunny.Possible rainfall: 0 mmChance of any rain: 5%
Adelaide area
Sunny. Winds southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h.

I've noticed I'm starting to follow the growing Australian mini-season more and more every year. I'm sure there'll always be traditionalists that say the season starts with Paris-Nice, but it's nice to have meaningful racing in January with a decent field, decent crowds, and some nice balanced stages that give a lot of riders the chance of victory. If you want to grow the sport, this is the way to do it, not racing in pan-flat oil-rich dictatorships with no spectators.

Now, if someone could bring pro racing back to Ireland...

The Barb said:
Poursuivant said:
TDU predictions?

Such a hard race to predict because hard to know what form everyone is in.

Porte and Henao both up there obviously but I could see Diego Ulissi winning with his team being motivated to show something early in the season.

Sagan the big wildcard.
Sagan was doing a lot of base around Sydney during his time there, I'm not sure what he has the speed needed at this time of the year. His main targets are in April and July anyway.

McCarthy on the other hand was one of the 3-4 strongest at Australian nationals and loves the short hills. He may even improve on his GC position this year.

Orica are always very motivated to win and Gerro is in top shape. He was very unlucky not to win the Aust Championships. Chavez has never been here before for the TDU, so it will be interesting to see what his role is. He may take on a domestique role for Gerrans and if the hills are too hard on Stage 2, take over himself. With Howson, Durbridge and Impey they have two great helpers and all 3 are very fit. Durbridge and Impey will probably swing between helping Kluge and Ewan in the sprints and Gerro and Chavez in the hills.

Cannondale will be interesting with Slagter and Woods. Woods was in great shape for last years edition and looks to be motivated again this year. Haas and Meyer are two wildcards

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
ThePirate81 said:
My TDU GC top 5 prediction:
1 Porte
2 S. L. Henao
3 Gerrans
4 Woods
5 McCarthy

I agree with those ....but also Valls ...he is I believe biting at the bit

not sure who will the winner be ... but Porte will not win

maybe a rider that nobody is even talking about ... somebody like Peter Vakoc, Lachlan Norton etc.

Jancouver said:
HelloDolly said:
ThePirate81 said:
My TDU GC top 5 prediction:
1 Porte
2 S. L. Henao
3 Gerrans
4 Woods
5 McCarthy

I agree with those ....but also Valls ...he is I believe biting at the bit

not sure who will the winner be ... but Porte will not win

maybe a rider that nobody is even talking about ... somebody like Peter Vakoc, Lachlan Norton etc.
There's also Diego Ulissi, who was in good form last year. Cameron Meyer looks like he's in decent form too, if he's sorted his personal life out and looking for another ride he could feature. Then there's LL Sanchez, Geraint Thomas, Adam Hansen/Thomas de Ghendt to name a few more wild cards.

TRENDING THREADS