• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I reckon Chaves. Orica can attack with him and have Gerrans ride defensively - which we all know he can do quite well!

Ergo: Chaves on the attack will be hard to beat. He's got a decent punch for a pure climber + a decent sprint too if it comes down to a 2 or 3 man finale.

Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
Orbit501 said:
Pricey_sky said:
Do we have a profile for the final climb today? I've seen a few people mention its quite a steep finish.

1.2 km @9% apparently. Flattens out for last 300m.

Same finish that Rohan Dennis won on in 2015

It's a harder lead in to the finish than it was when they last used Paracombe, instead of descending Gorge Rd then up Paracombe this time they are climbing Gorge Rd then climb Paracombe. I'd expect things to heat up just before Gorge Rd to try and get rid of or weaken Orica/Gerrans.

Do you have the stats on Gorge Rd? How long and average gradient?

Jakob747 said:
StryderHells said:
Orbit501 said:
Pricey_sky said:
Do we have a profile for the final climb today? I've seen a few people mention its quite a steep finish.

It's a harder lead in to the finish than it was when they last used Paracombe, instead of descending Gorge Rd then up Paracombe this time they are climbing Gorge Rd then climb Paracombe. I'd expect things to heat up just before Gorge Rd to try and get rid of or weaken Orica/Gerrans.

All depends on where you consider the climb starts and finishes but the shorter version is 2 k's @ 5% with it peaking at @ 10% for a couple of hundred metres https://www.strava.com/segments/1101840 and this is the longer version 4.7 k's @ 3% https://www.strava.com/segments/2907501

Not overly hard but if they ramp up the pace on this climb then it will show who's really on form once they hit Paracombe

StryderHells said:
Jakob747 said:
StryderHells said:
Orbit501 said:
Pricey_sky said:

All depends on where you consider the climb starts and finishes but the shorter version is 2 k's @ 5% with it peaking at @ 10% for a couple of hundred metres https://www.strava.com/segments/1101840 and this is the longer version 4.7 k's @ 3% https://www.strava.com/segments/2907501

Not overly hard but if they ramp up the pace on this climb then it will show who's really on form once they hit Paracombe

Thanks man, I appreciate it... Should make for some good racing!

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
So the little midget is sprinting up the hill, out of the saddle for two km
... and I thought I have seen it all
... gimme a break
... what a s**t show.

StryderHells said:
TMP402 said:
Swift's characteristic positioning skills strike again. Also striking again was Phil Liggett, who merged two riders to create "Danny Boy van Poppel".

I didn't think Swift was involved in the finish at all or did he attempt to do a leadout for Kump?

I only saw it on my phone but I'd say he was as fast if not faster than the three photo-finishers, he just started from too far behind them.

TRENDING THREADS