• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 85 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well maybe not Meyer which is interesting. This is the MS team that is posted on the Cadel website. First appearance for Dion Smith?
Daryl IMPEY (RSA)
Samuel BEWLEY (NZL)
Luke DURBRIDGE (AUS)
Alexander EDMONDSON (AUS)
Dion SMITH (NZL)
Lucas HAMILTON (AUS)
Damien HOWSON (AUS)

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Fleche would fit him much, much better, but I doubt he would be able to to anything against Martin, Julian and Bala in peak shape. Still he could probably finish top-5 in peak condition.
Mur is too steep for him. He can drop people on lower gradients. On double-digits gradients, I think his kick is overrated.

But based on his size, he should be good on murito climbs.

Re:

Wilba60 said:
Well maybe not Meyer which is interesting. This is the MS team that is posted on the Cadel website. First appearance for Dion Smith?
Daryl IMPEY (RSA)
Samuel BEWLEY (NZL)
Luke DURBRIDGE (AUS)
Alexander EDMONDSON (AUS)
Dion SMITH (NZL)
Lucas HAMILTON (AUS)
Damien HOWSON (AUS)

I reckon Edmondson is a dark horse. It's normally a small'ish group finish - I could see him being in that group and having enough kick in the sprint.

Hard to pick a winner. No five star fave.

****Viviani, Valgren, Impey
***Bevin, McCarthy, LL Sanchez
**Pouls, Ewan, Van Poppel, Woods
*Just about anyone else. Edmondson my aforementioned darkhorse.

I like the race. I don't think a climber can win. Seems to suit a strong all rounder or a sprinter who can get back after the climb. I wish they'd change the parcours to shorten the distance between the final climb and finish line, maybe by 2-3 or 4 k's. I also wish the race happened in the middle of the season when everyone is in top form, but that is never going to happen.

Re: Re:

CTQ said:
42x16ss said:
CTQ said:
Squire said:
Ferminal said:
The Arthur's Seat stage is more climbing too, five ~20km loops of the climb, was three when Froome schooled everyone on the penultimate lap.
I watched that stage and thought Froome wasn't very sportsmanlike. Latched onto the attack from a conti rider a few kilometres before the last climb and let the conti rider do all the work. Then proceeded to drop him like a stone as soon as the road went upwards. Thought it was a bit embarassing.

the Conti rider was 55 seconds behind Kennaugh, so he should have worked with him ????
Froome couldn't even repay the favour for one of his best domestiques, and went on a selfish rampage taking away a career highlight for a Continental rider and a stage race win for a so called teammate.

Is dominating a minor 2.1 race so important when you're a multiple TdF winner?

Cooper decided to attack when Froome was tooking points for the KOM and Froome followed him....you should tell to Mitchelton-Scott to not have 3 riders on first 3 positions on the GC like last year...not very kind for Conti riders
Kennaugh was nearly a minute up on GC and under no threat whatsoever. This wasn't a team riding the bunch off the wheel, it was selfish racing from Froome. Kennaugh's hands were tied, he couldn't even defend.

Re:

Anderis said:
I see that both EF and Drapac development team are present on Herald Sun Tour startlist. Weren't it forbidden for development teams to take part in the same races as their senior team? Aren't Drapac formally considered as EF's development team?
Different paying agents, so not formal from UCI rules perspective