• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the women’s race, the 2nd and final stage is won by Ella Harris from NZ, Sarah Gigante 2nd.
Lucy Kennedy 3rd, a few seconds back and that’s enough for the GC win I believe.

It was an exciting race with Sierra coming within 500 metres of victory - My main take from the race was Gigante continues to show her talent in climbing and ITT, and that her team stopped her winning the GC - In saying that, Gigante is still an unpolished diamond.

Reactions: claude cat
Falls Creek is a 30km climb with an average gradient of 4.0 while Mt Beauty is around 16kms at 5.9km.
Mt Buller.,
Falls is easier - with false flats along the way, Buller is a more consistent pitch though gets it steeper at the end. I'm not exactly sure where they are finishing, if it's right at the very top then there's some steep pitches in the final km.

As predicted the climb didn't suit Howson - It's been an ordinary Aussie summer for MS - Got nothing out of the TDU, things didn't fall their way in the Cadel Evans race and they should have been winning the herald Sun tour with Yates - Yates form in this race was a mystery if he you consider his form in the TDU and Cadel's race - Berwick has more all-round ability than Alexander Evans who is riding Pro-Conti in Europe this year for Wanty - Berwick needs to ride in Europe for a good Pro Conti team to further develop his skills.

As predicted the climb didn't suit Howson - It's been an ordinary Aussie summer for MS - Got nothing out of the TDU, things didn't fall their way in the Cadel Evans race and they should have been winning the herald Sun tour with Yates - Yates form in this race was a mystery if he you consider his form in the TDU and Cadel's race - Berwick has more all-round ability than Alexander Evans who is riding Pro-Conti in Europe this year for Wanty - Berwick needs to ride in Europe for a good Pro Conti team to further develop his skills.

I’d guess that WT teams will want to have a look at Berwick. It’s a weak field and early season, but his climbing has been very good.

Reactions: claude cat
First world problem; I suppose a given, considering almost everything on here is. :D

I appreciate that the race is being covered, but FMD, some Aussie camera men and producers who push the "camera selection" buttons have got no farkn idea how to film a sprint finish. Crap like that that we just saw in the last 100m regularly happens here. I bet their main job is covering local football, where the stupid MO is to get the shot as tight as possible on the "main" guy while disregarding the peripheral players :thumbs:

Reactions: Scarponi
White won't throw him to the wolves, they'll have a sound race schedule planned for a neo pro.

Doubt it will be like Ewan's first year doing Langkawi, Turkey, Korea etc - Anyway Groves showed as a stagiare that he can ride well in ugly conditions in Belgium, so a few races like this should be on his calendar - Will add that Berwick is a chance but Drizners is the Aussie rider to watch - will be interesting to see his development at Haegens Berman.