• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hour Record Official Discussion Thread

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Extremely impressive yet slightly disappointing at the same time. Can't see Martin or Cance going for it tbh so this will probably stand for some time.

Re:

goggalor said:
Extremely impressive yet slightly disappointing at the same time. Can't see Martin or Cance going for it tbh so this will probably stand for some time.

Agreed. It's an impressive ride, but you get the feeling he really wanted to beat Rominger. I think there are probably a dozen riders out there who could seriously challenge that in the right conditions; especially if they looked to do it at altitude.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
goggalor said:

Agreed. It's an impressive ride, but you get the feeling he really wanted to beat Rominger. I think there are probably a dozen riders out there who could seriously challenge that in the right conditions; especially if they looked to do it at altitude.

It would be really hard to beat, but yeah, altitude definetely helps. I think Wiggins will go for it once more in better conditions. He can break 55km or even 55.5. Proved it today

TRENDING THREADS