• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hour Record Official Discussion Thread

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
All this subtle doping talk should probably go to the clinic, lest some of us feel compelled to start talking about Wiggins from that perspective for some much needed balance.

But Ryo seems to have carte blanche to do anything.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
All this subtle doping talk should probably go to the clinic, lest some of us feel compelled to start talking about Wiggins from that perspective for some much needed balance.

But Ryo seems to have carte blanche to do anything.

Yes, let's hope the village idiots manage to restrain themselves from being "compelled" to add "balance".

Do we have an answer on whether barometric pressure is relevant in an air-controlled velodrome?

It's a shame fans of humans going fast will not be able to watch both this and Formula 1. Bad planning.

Re:

Shame said:
Rominger? That's ridiculous.
Rominger is the Lance Armstrong of the hour record.
So what is less ridiculous? Indurain for example?
It's so easy to question ANYONE's reference frame regarding the hour record, be it about the position on the bike or the athlete's reputation regarding using prohibited substances. Either you don't take Rominger's record serious and you consequently don't take most other 'champion's' record serious (Merckx, Indurain, Moser, Sosenka, Boardman?), either they used a totally different position (Boardman, O'bree).

If you like the record and its history, if you encourage the current record holders, you realize they want to break the records of those 'questionable' riders. So either accept this or refute the whole idea of an hour record and its history, and start with Voigt / Brändle / Dowsett, but then again you can only assume those are clean.

Final note: I didn't want to make this into a doping discussion, others did and still do. Their take, not mine.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

jens_attacks said:
with a 64 on the front, i doubt he only goes for 54 lol

i would never move that :))))
something like this :p

1.1.jpg

:D

TRENDING THREADS