• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thanks for that. Great work by CAS.

This kind of additional disciplinary sanction for misconduct already sanctioned is not provided for in Article 10 WADC and represents, in view of the Panel, a “substantive change” to the sanctions in the WADC. Therefore, the Panel finds that the Neutralisation Rule does not comply with UCI’s obligations under the WADC

In the present case, the Panel ultimately needs not consider in detail the consequences of non-compliance. The Parties, most notably the Respondent, upon being invited by the Panel to address this issue, explicitly agreed that any rule in the Regulation found to be non-compliant with the WADC is, as in CAS 2011/O/2422, invalid and unenforceable.

CAS can't actually force the UCI to repeal the rule and that they no longer enforce it. However, as they have already dismissed it as a violation of the Code, it is a dead duck.

Tinman said:
We're coming to a cross roads in cycling. Those sponsors who want/need to be clean, and those who want exposure at all cost. Can you have both groups going forward?

Question is what is the role of the latter group in the sport, and how does UCI deal with the "change management" required.

Astana, Katusha, Tinkov. And Oleg pushing Andrej Tschmill forward to take over from Pat... Happy days ahead.

The UCI can do a lot

1. Require all teams sponsors to only give money on a condition of no doping with an immediate ban from cycling if they violate the provision with contractural monetary penalties starting at about 100,000 euros built into their contracts.

2. Forbid any team to employ anyone from management to soigneurs who can reasonably be shown to have involvement in doping. No exceptions. Present employees must go, including Riis and others.

3. Require every team to weekly file with the UCI and publicly post the hematocrit level, blood analysis results and TUEs of any rider on their team.

4. Leave all testing to WADA (This may have already been done?)

5. Pursue doping fearlessly regardless of how it affects cycling's reputation.

Will it happen - I don't know! A huge paradigm shift is needed and without it cycling continues to be in trouble. The refrain of the current peloton that they are not the old peloton just dosen't cut it. :D

CN: What about the ethics question? Is it right that someone caught up in doping is still involved in cycling?

OT: I don’t know. It's hard to talk about ethics. What does ethics mean?

I can give you another exclusive by revealing that we tried to sign some riders who were on the market but when we looked at their biological passport, our doctors told us not sign them. In the past if they were clear to race, we signed them. Not now.

Well if Tinkov can do his due diligence what can't Sky?

Any guesses who they looked at signing prior to seeing their passports?

thehog said:

images

thehog said:

Is that an actual quote? Tinkov "what does ethics mean?" What a grade A clown. If that comment alone does not suggest he has no ethics, then I have some stock to sell you ..

Ripper said:
Is that an actual quote? Tinkov "what does ethics mean?" What a grade A clown. If that comment alone does not suggest he has no ethics, then I have some stock to sell you ..

Its a rehetorical question (in a different part he does the same thing asking "who is Oleg Tinkov?").

OT: We'll have zero tolerance going forward. I can’t investigate the past, what Bjarne used to do, what others used to do. If Sky is really doing that with their zero-tolerance for the past, it’s a bit strange. How can you make sure that their riders and sports directors have never been involved in doping?

CN: They make people sign an agreement saying they were never involved in doping.

OT: That's bull****. Katusha pushed their riders to sign such a letter and then they had two doping cases. Anyone can sign anything for money. For me there was 100 per cent of doping in cycling 15 years so how can zero-tolerance for in the past work? If Sky want real zero-tolerance they should sign riders who were juniors now and have sports directeurs who are 20 years old, otherwise it's a joke.

CN: What about Michael Rogers' Clenbuterol case?

OT: He's saying it was food contamination. I hope he's not lying, I hope for him. He called me and explained that he ate meat while in China. And I believe him. We'll see. It's a pity if he can't prove because he's good guy and big loss for us. I hope will be cleared and if he does he will be straight back in the team. If he's not cleared he'll never come back. Zero tolerance."

Take it for what it's worth. He puts everything cycling in the hands of Rijs for his own accountability should something come down, but its less illusionary of the "only doped once" era.