• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Jspear said:
There is nothing odd about his performance today. In the Giro he was riding for GC. Everyday he had to be alert - physically and mentally. In the Tour he has not been riding hard everyday. He just started showing himself the past several days. Seems pretty normal to me.

for all we know, the last time a clean rider - other than lemond - won an mtf in the tdf clean was somewhere in the first half of the previous century. majka just won two.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Which he had for the whole Giro?

Ahh, I forgot he has a physiology unlike any other human allowing instant recovery like no other.

His breakthrough has been hampered and delayed many times due to untimely accidents as anyone with the mildest knowledge of his career would know.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
for all we know, the last time a clean rider - other than lemond - won an mtf in the tdf clean was somewhere in the first half of the previous century. majka just won two.

From two breaks let go because there was no GC threat at all.

The lack of little details like the riders who were expected to win the stages not being in the race anymore aren't relevant at all right?

What counts is your assumptions about Lemond being a deity, and your unsubstantiated opinion and knowledge of every ride since 1950 right?

Got it, I bow to the troll with a history of agenda and posting poorly thought out buncombe.

The guy wasn't that impressive in the Giro, was unprepared for the Tour, comes in second on Chamrousse and thrashes 2 breakaway groups including riders like Rolland, Rodriguez, Nieve, ... to win stages while smiling

That's suspicious at the very least

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
Clearly Majka and Rogers (Mr.Clenbuterol) are getting Contador's juice now.

Clearly how?? Or do they have the best setup, and manager in Riis???Today proves nothing at all in these mattters!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
Got it, I bow to the troll with a history of agenda and posting poorly thought out buncombe.

You are obviously a fan, so we can take your posts as fanboyism and not from a nuetral's stance.

Riis is dirty, always was always will be. Anyone riding for Riis needs to be prepared to do what Riis did. End off.

Ledigi

BANNED
Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Gung Ho Gun said:
The guy wasn't that impressive in the Giro, was unprepared for the Tour, comes in second on Chamrousse and thrashes 2 breakaway groups including riders like Rolland, Rodriguez, Nieve, ... to win stages while smiling

i approve this :rolleyes:

MellowJohnny said:
Clearly Majka and Rogers (Mr.Clenbuterol) are getting Contador's juice now.

Not saying Saxo-Tinko is the cleans, entirely unlike Sky, they seem to be able to adjust strategy and make it work.

At this point in the race, if you are not a GC threat, it's possible to win a stage. Perhaps even on "pan y agua." Only history will tell us how likely it is.

To be clear, Riis has no second thoughts about doping.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
Well I'm not sure they have the best setup, I'd say Sky and Astana rival them. As for Mr. Riis, I like to think of him as Mr 60% :)

TCS have 3 stage wins with no GC leader. Sky have 0 wins with no GC leader.

I think TCS are beating Sky at this TdF.

Astana are winning the TdF so their set up is working.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
]Well I'm not sure they have the best setup[/B], I'd say Sky and Astana rival them. As for Mr. Riis, I like to think of him as Mr 60% :)

Never said you should be sure of this, or that I am...
I questioned the lack of logic in your statement, saying that today proves nothing... If your only answer to this is to bring up the mr.60% -Then okay.. No discussion then..

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
DE-JONGH-TINKOFF-SAXO-ILA_1174-e1392662362913-400x400.jpg

;);):rolleyes: eh, Majka?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
You are obviously a fan, so we can take your posts as fanboyism and not from a nuetral's stance.

Riis is dirty, always was always will be. Anyone riding for Riis needs to be prepared to do what Riis did. End off.

And your obviously the opposite, so I'll take your posts as if they were written by a deranged and hate filled, tin-foil hat wearing, pipe toker.

In your eyes everybody is a doper. It doesn't take captain obvious to know the past, but the past isn't a guarantee or script for the future. When precisely is Chancellor Merkel planning to invade Poland or France Mr Nostradamus?

mrhender said:
Never said you should be sure of this, or that I am...
I questioned the lack of logic in your statement, saying that today proves nothing... If your only answer to this is to bring up the mr.60% -Then okay.. No discussion then..

Plenty to discuss on the merits of Saxobank-Tinkoff, the fact that the thread we are is called How dirty is said team is clearly shows I am not on my own on this one.

They have money and lots of it, and money buys you power in any sport. Would anyone credible really touch Contador, Rogers and Kreuziger? Seems a little odd that Rogers and Majka are supercharged at the moment.

How Mr 60% has ever been allowed in the sport is beyond me.

As someone said "I'm sorry you can't believe in Miracles" - Tell me about it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
And your obviously the opposite, so I'll take your posts as if they were written by a deranged and hate filled, tin-foil hat wearing, pipe toker.

In your eyes everybody is a doper. It doesn't take captain obvious to know the past, but the past isn't a guarantee or script for the future. When precisely is Chancellor Merkel planning to invade Poland or France Mr Nostradamus?

Riis's teams are doping teams. What's to figure out?

In order for the past not to repeat itself something has to force the road being taken repeatedly to be changed. That force of change has not happened. The recent Cookson/UCI episodes has shown that.

War analogies are the domain of the hysterical......

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
Plenty to discuss on the merits of Saxobank-Tinkoff, the fact that the thread we are is called How dirty is said team is clearly shows I am not on my own on this one.

They have money and lots of it, and money buys you power in any sport. Would anyone credible really touch Contador, Rogers and Kreuziger? Seems a little odd that Rogers and Majka are supercharged at the moment.

How Mr 60% has ever been allowed in the sport is beyond me.

As someone said "I'm sorry you can't believe in Miracles" - Tell me about it.

If AC,MR, and Roman Kreuziger should be excluded, then a lot more teams would have the same problems??

If Riis (your mr. 60%) is off limit, then atleast half of leadership in the TDF-Teams should be sacked tomorrow...

So how would this play out?

Credibility is non-existing in this sport...
Removing a few fraudulents won't save it...
-------------
Back on topic
This is the Tinkoff/saxo thread so how does their performance this year prove doping to you?
Genuine question.... Because I fail to see it -obviously...

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
In order for the past not to repeat itself something has to force the road being taken repeatedly to be changed. That force of change has not happened. The recent Cookson/UCI episodes has shown that.

War analogies are the domain of the hysterical......

And ranting and repetition are the preserve of the insane. If I'd wanted to share outdated cliches I'd have joined a literature forum.

The reality is you don't have a clue what is and isn't going on.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Le Baroudeur said:
And ranting and repetition are the preserve of the insane. If I'd wanted to share outdated cliches I'd have joined a literature forum.

The reality is you don't have a clue what is and isn't going on.

I have a clue that nothing in the sport has changed. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

But your anger belies your position on said matters.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Gung Ho Gun said:

And now imagine, knowing the levels of Majka and Rogers, that Dirtie did not crash out and they have also Kreuuzi. Not hard to imagine Tinkoff train would thrash everything (incl. Skyborgs, suddenly zeros without their "freeride" license) in a way The Clinic could only relate to Uniballers Postmen era.

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I have a clue that nothing in the sport has changed. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

But your anger belies your position on said matters.

Anger? You're a funny man… Try dumbfounded in the face of Benotti69 delusion.

Is that you Mr Icke?

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
doperhopper said:
And now imagine, knowing the levels of Majka and Rogers, that Dirtie did not crash out and they have also Kreuuzi. Not hard to imagine Tinkoff train would thrash everything (incl. Skyborgs, suddenly zeros without their "freeride" license) in a way The Clinic could only relate to Uniballers Postmen era.

I'm confident Zomdawg and his lapdog would have provided the real show.

Don't go mixing clever tactics with what we saw from sky and USPS in the past.