• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How dirty is SaxoBank-Tinkoff?

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Hillarious.

Makes some of the quotes made on here and in walshs book about how super anti doping everyone involved in the wiggo and froome wins was, even more delusional.

They were all so commited to anti doping, they join riis immediately after.

Would be fun to see if some of the posters who said it meant nothing that sky had all this dirty staff feel the same way about Tinkov.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Julich -Feels like home!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/julich-return-to-tinkoff-saxo-feels-like-home

I have a history with Bjarne.

Very comforting.

I'm looking forward to learning from someone like Oleg Tinkov

Don't we all?

It feels like I've come home

Yup. Telling the truth i think.

Also I'll be bringing some ideas to Bjarne

#howtodomagictricks!

Julich believes that his working relationship with Yates, de Jongh and the rest of the staff at Tinkoff-Saxo can get off to a flying start in 2015

No doubt!
and we feel like we can help guide the next generation of riders.

Oh dear!!

So from the outside looking in I can understand how people might interpret this but Oleg has really invested a large amount

Hmm...

In my opinion sports science very much trumps the advantages that the last generation got from doping.

Ahh... now I feel much better..
No worries then..

RiccoDinko said:
The whole team is putting away bags at basecamp barranco, extra rich at 3900meters.

I thought Alberto looked pretty fresh at 4600 meters, must be all those extra red blood cells:p

B2EZz2yCEAI-h5O.jpg

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I thought Alberto looked pretty fresh at 4600 meters, must be all those extra red blood cells:p

B2EZz2yCEAI-h5O.jpg

The things they are now doing to be able to extract blood is beyond human comprehension.

Did WADA show up to take samples?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
:confused:

Roman Kreuziger @Roman86_K · 5 hours ago

Well,I had #ABP control this morning after more than 11months and after #Kilimanjaro trip,very curious.Is this way how it should work?

11months between ABP tests?????

veganrob said:
The 11 months between testing is pretty disturbing. But, is it possible they want a sample at altitude to compare to other samples?

For me, the timing is the interesting question. My limited understanding is cyclists use altitude trips to escape irregular parameters in the ABP.

If someone could please explain the altitude loophole in plain English, that would be great.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:

I wonder if Clement is referring to 2nd time in eleven months, ie he was tested in january and then again in november....
or 2nd time in 11 months, ie. he was tested in january, and in the eleven months since has been tested twice.

I would say what Stef actually means is that he was tested 11 months ago, and twice since, so three times in the last eleven months, as we know he rode the tour and allegedly ALL competitors in the Tour had BP samples taken pre race..

Forgive me if i dont believe a word riders say about how often they are tested. Maybe that was Romans second BP sample in 11 months (well plus the one 11 months ago), but what about the in competition samples, some of which would be used for the BP..

DirtyWorks said:
For me, the timing is the interesting question. My limited understanding is cyclists use altitude trips to escape irregular parameters in the ABP.

If someone could please explain the altitude loophole in plain English, that would be great.

No, altitude causes irregular parameters

of course they could simply use altitude training as an excuse for irregular parameters

but it's very strange to say the least that Roman is tested 6 days after being at 6000m above sea level

that blood sample is basically useless unless 1) they're trying to frame him 2) as veganrob suggested they want a sample at altitude to compare

TheGame said:
I wonder if Clement is referring to 2nd time in eleven months, ie he was tested in january and then again in november....
or 2nd time in 11 months, ie. he was tested in january, and in the eleven months since has been tested twice.

I would say what Stef actually means is that he was tested 11 months ago, and twice since, so three times in the last eleven months, as we know he rode the tour and allegedly ALL competitors in the Tour had BP samples taken pre race..

Forgive me if i dont believe a word riders say about how often they are tested. Maybe that was Romans second BP sample in 11 months (well plus the one 11 months ago), but what about the in competition samples, some of which would be used for the BP..
You'd think riders would know exactly how many times they have been tested (and when) since they can see the results from every single test.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TheGame said:

I would expect for something like ABP to actually work a rider would need to be tested OOC once a month at least with in competition testing to assist those results. In competition testing is the podium plus 2 or 3 others is not. So unless a rider is on the podium consistently then how do they test them?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I would expect for something like ABP to actually work a rider would need to be tested OOC once a month at least with in competition testing to assist those results. In competition testing is the podium plus 2 or 3 others is not. So unless a rider is on the podium consistently then how do they test them?

All the Pro tour teams and riders> That would be @ 18x20+ which be say 400 riders. That's a lot of people they would need to take those tests. Not that what you say is wrong in theory, just how feasible is it?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Nick C. said:
All the Pro tour teams and riders> That would be @ 18x20+ which be say 400 riders. That's a lot of people they would need to take those tests. Not that what you say is wrong in theory, just how feasible is it?

Why is it not feasible?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Why is it not feasible?

How many people would they need to do that? I guess if the different nations use their people it works. I have no idea how many people there are that actually do testing. Is it a handful per nation? Hundreds? do they do other sports too (yeah right lol).

Will be interesting to see if vayer is right; If Riis and Vino really will be gone when the "big" report goes public. Seriously doubt it.

No matter what, really fun how long the danish anti doping report have been under way. Luckily for guys like Nicki Sørensen, who got to do his swansong and retire, before anything became public.

TRENDING THREADS